Are you looking for the best kind of pool parts for your pool but not sure which one to add to the cart and which ones to discard?
You are at the right place. We are here to help you make your pool area a better place to lounge and enjoy with your family and friends.
Some pool parts are essential, like the ones that help in maintaining your pool’s quality. At the same time, some others are optional but can improve your swimming experience.
So, why not check them all out? Read on to find out how you can make your pool a place for relaxation and fun.
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best pool parts available in the market. So, let’s dive right in and fish out what suits your requirements the most.
The 10 Most Essential Pool Parts
Having everything that you will need to maintain the healthy state of your pool is necessary. And to help you with this, pool care professionals are available out there to come over with the right pool replacement parts whenever you need them.
Apart from the basic necessities, you can also add some extra pool parts to improve the way you have fun at the pool. To help you decide, we have a list of things you can consider buying to step up your pool game.
The essential pool parts list and their reviews are as follows:
1. Solar Pool Blanket: In The Swim Rectangle Pool Solar Blanket Cover
- Raises water temperature up to 8-10 degrees in approximately 5-7 days of consistent sunlight
- Reduces your water evaporation and chemical loss to save you money
- Reduces heat loss and minimizes the amount of debris that can get in the water
- Extends the swimming season by maintaining a comfortable swimming temperature in the pool
- 7 Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
First up on this list of pool parts, we have a solar pool blanket. It helps you extend your swimming season; hence you can have a lot more fun than you normally would. It works by absorbing and trapping solar energy and subsequently heat the pool’s water.
The Swim Rectangle Pool Solar Blanket Cover is one of the best solar blankets for pools available in the market. It can raise the water temperature to 8 to 10 degrees in five to seven days of consistent sunlight. Moreover, it can reduce water evaporation levels and chemicals.
Solar blankets are available in various sizes, thicknesses, types, and colors. So, it can be hard to pick the right kind of solar blanket for your pool. Also, this particular product has one of the most reliable designs and optimal size.
This solar blanket cover reduces heat and minimizes the debris that can get into the water. Moreover, this Solar Blanket Cover comes with a seven years manufacturer’s warranty. Hence you can be sure that it will last for a long time.
• Can raise temperature up to 8 to 10 degrees
• Reduces chemical loss
• Minimizes dirt and debris in the pool
• Comes with a seven years warranty
• Warranty does not cover bubble damage
• Color can bleach out soon (yet it will be fully functional)
2. Pool Fence: Water Warden 5 foot in-Ground Pool Fence
- POOL SAFETY FENCE – Using a WaterWarden Pool Fence is a great way to protect against unauthorized access to your pool area, keeping your loved ones safe from accidents. While sturdy and extremely safe...
- STRONG & DURABLE – WaterWarden Inground Pool Safety Fences are UL-Certified and made of super-strong, UV protected Meshylene fabric with reinforced edging to prevent fraying. The maximum UV inhibitors...
- DIMENSIONS – Each section of fence measures 5’ high and 12’ long. The spring-loaded safety latch system quickly and easily joins fence sections together, and you can buy as many sections as you need...
- DIY INSTALLATION – This WaterWarden pool enclosure fence installs in minutes by simply drilling ⅝” holes and inserting the poles. A drilling template, instructions, hardware, hooks, and insert caps...
- WATERWARDEN – With state-of-the-art technology and a keen understanding of pool safety born of over five decades of experience, WaterWarden consistently leads the industry in product quality,...
A pool fence is one of the most important pool parts to have in your backyard. Fencing your pool is vital since it will prevent animals, children, and generally everyone around from falling into the pool. Also, it should meet a certain standard for the authorities to deem it an actual fence.
In this list, we have an excellent pool fence called the Water Warden WWF300 5 foot in-Ground Pool Fence. Let’s check out how it can add to your pool experience.
The pool fence creates a passive wall around your pool which limits access to adults as well. Hence, pool owners must choose wisely when it comes to pool fences. This product has a latch system that adults can use to access the pool easily.
This fence is durable, UL-Certified, and comes with reinforced edging to prevent fraying. Moreover, it offers an easy installation process which you can do yourself within minutes. Additionally, it has a spring-loaded safety latch system that can quickly join the fences together.
• UL certification ensure more safety
• Easy DIY installation
• Durable and strong construction
• Spring-loaded safety latch system
• The top panel can erode in the sun sometimes
• Must layout each post individually
3. Test Kit: JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Strips
- THE ULTIMATE AT HOME POOL TEST STRIPS for your swimming pool & spa. Tests for 7 parameters: total hardness, total chlorine, bromine, free chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid (stabilizer) & total alkalinity
- EXTREMELY EASY TO USE pool water test strips, Instant reliable results with simple and clear instructions. Simply dip and compare with large color chart on bottle. Ideal range marked on bottle
- BONUS FREE MOBILE APP INCLUDED - Record, track and monitor your pool test strip results with ultimate accuracy. Available for IOS and Android
- 100 STRIPS MEANS 100 TESTS - Each swimming pool test strip provides accurate and fast results for any water sources including fresh and salt water pools, spas and hot-tubs
- GET SAFE, CLEAN AND CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER, our pool and spa test strips come with a great e-book explaining what your results mean and how you can keep your water in a healthy and clean condition year round
A pool test kit will allow you to run several required tests on the pool water. You can check the level of chlorine, pH, and alkalinity of the pool water. Moreover, you can also test for calcium hardness and cyanuric acid levels.
To help with these essential pool elements, we have brought you the best pool test kit in the market. This ultimate at-home pool test strip offers seven testing parameters. It includes total hardness, total bromine, chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid, and alkalinity.
Moreover, it is extremely easy to use and provides instant, reliable results. All you have to do is dip the test strips in your pool water and compare it with the color chart on the bottle. One bottle contains a hundred test strips, which means you can use up to 100 tests, which is quite cost-efficient.
This pool heater also provides excellent performance, and it is reliable for long-lasting comfort. It has a corrosion protection construction that can work fine even in unbalanced water chemistry. Moreover, it comes with front control panels which allow easy operation.
• Extremely easy to use
• Tests for seven parameters
• 100 test strips included
• Includes free mobile app
• Beginners may find it difficult to understand the readings
4. Pool Pump: Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump
- Easy to use - simply replace the old cartridge with a new one every two weeks, Double insulated pump
- The number on the actual item seen in the image is 637R, is the component part number that corresponds to the individual part for the system and this does not pertain to the model No. 56637EG.
- Air release valve for air trapped inside filter chamber. we do not suggest operating the pump for more than 8 hours per day
- Suitable for Intex pools up to 6, 000 gal with 1. 25in (32mm) diameter hose fitting
- Works with 15-feet Easy Set, 15-feet Metal Frame, or 18-feet by 10-feet Oval Frame pools. the hoses are 1-1/4 so if you need 1-1/2 you need an adapter.
The pool pump circulates the water and the chemicals to make it consistent all across. As it evenly distributes the chemicals across the pools, it can sanitize the water effectively. They do so by carrying the water from the pool to the heater, chlorinator, filter, and back to the pool.
We have the Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump on this list for various reasons. We shall discuss them one after the other in this section. Firstly, it is very easy to use since all you have to do is replace the old cartridge with a new one every two weeks.
It is suitable for pools up to six thousand gallons with 32 mm or 1.25 inches diameter hose fitting. Also, it works with 15 feet easy set and 15 feet metal frame. So, installing this filter can help you maintain your pool’s chemistry and sanitization better.
• Easy to install
• Contains air release valve for air trapped inside the chamber
• Includes replaceable filter cartridge
• Includes hydro aeration technology inlet
• Not known to be too durable
5. Pool Heater: Hayward Universal H-Series Pool and Spa Heater
- BEST FOR: In-ground pools and spas with a surface area up to 750 ft. where natural gas is available. Its low environmental impact makes it ideal for pools and spas located where low-NOx emissions are...
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE: The Hayward Universal H-Series 250,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater delivers fast premium heating performance for years of reliable, long-lasting comfort.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: The Universal H-Series boasts exceptional protection against corrosion and premature failure caused by unbalanced water chemistry.
- ENERGY SAVINGS: The efficient, industry-leading design reduces circulation pump run time to provide energy savings.
- EASY-TO-USE: Intuitive front control panel provides easy operation, service and maintenance.
Next, we have pool heaters to help you extend your swimming seasons. You can add a pool heater to your swimming pool to enjoy a perfect temperature anytime you want. Hayward W3H250FDN Universal H-Series Pool and Spa Heater is an excellent pick.
So, what makes this one of the essential pool parts to have? Firstly, it is best for in-ground pools and spas with a surface area up to 750 feet. Additionally, it has a low impact on the environment; hence you can use it in places where low NOx emissions are required. All in all, it’s a great addition to your pool and gives that seasonal longevity that you would like.
• Low environmental impact
• Delivers fast heating performance
• Corrosion protection
• Easy to use
• Requires some extra maintenance
6. Chemical Feeder: Hayward Off-line Automatic Chemical Feeder
- Uses large or small, slow dissolving tablets
- Dial control valve allows for easy feed rate adjustment
- Easy-Lok threaded cover for safe and convenient access to add tablets
- Unique finger-release catch provides extra security
- Durable ABS body and high quality Viton seal for extended life
A chemical feeder offers a quick and effective way to sanitize your swimming pool. They will allow the flow of pool chemicals throughout your pool while sanitizing it perfectly. Moreover, a chemical feeder will do all the work for you, and you don’t have to mix chemicals manually or figure out quantities to add.
For this, we have one of the most trusted brands in the industry. Hayward CL220 Off-line Automatic Chemical Feeder is an excellent choice that suits a wide range of pools and spas. You can dial control the valves and adjust the feed rates with this chemical feeder.
Additionally, it has a unique finger release catch that provides extra security. Also, it has a durable ABS construction made of a high-quality Viton seal, which ensures durability. This product also offers one of the most reliable dispensing systems.
It also makes refill easier with an ergonomic design for convenience. However, you will have to make sure this model fits your pool system. If it does not, you can always go for a different chemical feeder for your pool.
• Easy feed rate adjustments
• Durable construction
• Dial control valve
• Has a unique finger release catch
• Lids are difficult to remove and put back on
7. Vacuum Hose: Poolmaster Heavy Duty In-Ground Pool Vacuum Hose
- Not made to work on automatic suction type cleaners, (or robotic) pool cleaners; for use with standard swimming pool vacuum head and telescopic pole for manual vacuuming
- Swivel cuff for kink-free maneuverability; UV and chemical resistant; extruded flexible EVA and poly-welded EVA cuffs
- Spiral wound construction for strength, flexibility, and maximum flow rate; superior tensile strength for crush-resistant operation
- Swivel cuff end connects directly onto the vacuum head and the non-swivel end connects to the skimmer
- High quality and made to last in the USA; measures 1-1/2-inch diameter by 45-feet for most in ground pools
- For proper suction and maximum performance, it is essential to prime the hose by filling entirely with water before use
A pool vacuum hose connects the vacuum’s heat to your pool through the skimmer inlet. It provides enough power to suck the debris and sediment. With a vacuum hose, you can clean the pool with minimal physical effort and intervention.
We have for you the best vacuum hose to make things easier. You can use this vacuum hose with any standard swimming pool head and telescopic pole for manual vacuuming. It has a spiral wound construction for flexibility, strength, and maximum flow rate.
Moreover, it has a swivel cuff for smooth maneuverability. It also has extruded flexible EVA and poly-welded EVA cuffs. Plus, you can expect it to last long as it is UV and chemical resistant.
• Spiral wound construction for flexibility
• Made using high-quality materials
• UV and chemical resistant construction
• Superior tensile strength for crush-resistant operation
• The swivel end head can come off sometimes
• The plastic disk that holds the outlet valve is prone to damages
8. Pool Leveler: New Pool Sentry Automatic Water Leveler
Pool levelers have a float mechanism that monitors the pool water levels. When the water level goes too low, the water is added to the pool automatically until it reaches a safe level. Hence, it can help you check your pool’s water loss regularly and maintain a certain desirable level.
This product automatically maintains the water level, so you do not have to. It is very easy to assemble as it requires no tools for setting up. The water supply stays on at all times when Pool Sentry is in the pool.
It has 200 psi working pressure and 750 psi burst strength. Also, it never overfills your pool for safety and maintenance purposes. Moreover, it is perfectly suitable for both above-ground and in-ground pools.
• Never overfills
• Suitable for both in-ground and above ground pools
• Protects pumps against burnout
• Easy to install
• Not suitable for small pools or spa
• This device is very sensitive, which means you have used it very carefully
9. Filter Media: Hbitsae Pool Filter Balls Media
- 1.5 Lbs filter ball is equivalent to 50 Lbs filter sand,No sand in the pool, lighter and more efficient than traditional filters
- Fiber filter made of polyester, polypropylene spherical filter and acrylic fiber. Long working cycle, use light weight. Don't force yourself to carry large, heavy sandbags
- The fiber ball filter material can trap tiny suspended solids that are not easily precipitated and removed
- The fiber ball is a perfect alternative to sand filter sand, filter glass and other glass media. He won't clog the filter and has less anti-cleaning
- 1 bag *Filter Ball (1.5 lbs / 700 g or so)
Pool filter media helps in trapping the dirt and keeping your pool clean. The key is to find the right product, so to help you keep your pool clean, we have selected one of the best Filter Media in the market. Hbitsae Pool Filter Balls Media is an amazing choice, so let’s check it out!
This 1.5 pounds ball is equivalent to 50 Lbs filter sand, so you do not have to put sand in the pool. Moreover, it is more effective and lighter in weight than the usual filter. It is made of polyester, acrylic fiber, and a polypropylene spherical filter.
These balls can trap any kind of dust. It can trap tiny suspended solids that sand cannot remove easily. Moreover, it will not clog the filter.
• No need for sand in the pool
• Lightweight and efficient
• Long working cycles
• Does not clog the filter
• Not the most cost-effective choice
10. Poolzilla Pool Safety Cover Brass Anchors
- Universal Design: Our brass anchors are designed to fit almost every pool safety cover. The brass anchor measures 1-⅝” long and fits into a ¾” hole.
- Premium Quality: Poolzila brass anchors are made with the finest brass metal. Poolzilla anchors are put through rigorous testing to withstand the harshest conditions. This ensures the durability and safety...
- Weather Proof: Rough winter conditions are no problem for Poolzilla brass pool cover anchors. The premium brass material is built to keep your safety cover locked in during intense winds and heavy snow....
- Ease Of Use: Simply remove your old pool cover anchors, clean any debris, place the new anchor in, and screw the insert. It is as easy as that!
- Highly Rated: Our anchors' reviews speak for themselves. You can rest assured you are getting a genuine Poolzilla product at the best prices around. These premium brass anchors are truly a must have for...
Having your pool cover safely secured using pool cover anchors is important for safety.
- Universal Design
- Made of Brass (Durable)
- Weather Proof
- Easy to use
- No tools included
Closing Notes on Pool Parts
Some essential pool parts will help you maintain your pool’s healthy state. In addition to that, you can make your pool area a more interesting and fun place with the right pool parts.
There is a sea of pool parts for pool owners to choose from, and therefore, it can be difficult to make the right choice.
Hopefully, this article was useful to you when you were in such times. You can choose from the range of reliable choices that we have presented here that serves various pool requirements and needs.
Finally, we hope you have a great time in your pool with all the right equipment!
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2022-05-26