An anchor is widely used to fasten the straps of winter pool covers to the ground. For you, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 pool cover anchors to help you navigate through this decision.
Winter’s going to be overhead soon, and you want to be prepared for it. No, don’t stock your home with food from the shopping center, but you can surely take care of other things!
Among other things like removing your knit-wear and sweaters from the basement, you must get yourself a pool cover anchor. This is a necessity that will keep your pool sides safe for everyone.
The 5 Best Pool Cover Anchors
Looking for a pool cover anchor looks easy on the surface, but you need to consider a lot of factors if you want to purchase one. This page will help you navigate through the journey very easily.
1. Wood Grip Brass Anchor for Pool Safety Cover
- High-quality and durable : Wood Grip brass pool cover anchors are made from premium quality brass metal and have undergone rigorous testing to ensure durability, especially in harsh cold weather. They are...
- Easy to install : Our safety pool cover anchors are designed for easy installation. Simply remove the old anchors, clean the hole of any debris, drop or tap the anchors in gently, and screw the inserts...
- Complete kit : The package contains ten pool cover anchors and ten pieces of head screw bolts. All the parts are made of premium quality solid brass that will not rust. Our pool cover installation/removal...
- Versatile : Our brass pool cover anchors can be used on most major brands of inground pools. They are also suitable for use on concrete surfaces. With our pool cover tool, you can easily put on and remove...
This pool safety cover was created to fit all widely-used brands. So, you won’t need to buy it from a single distributor. All you’ll need to do is slip your new brass anchor in place of your old one. The wood grip brass anchor is made of the highest quality of brass metal.
It has been tested through rigorous courses to ensure durability during cold and harsh weather. The pool cover anchor keeps your in-ground swimming pool’s safety cover immovable. It’s guaranteed that by using this company’s pool cover anchor, the deck will be completely accident-free.
- Each anchor comes with a bolt for your convenience
- Universal use
- Safety is assured
- Works well in cold weather
- Premium quality parts that won’t rust
- Provides you with an installation/removal tool, springs are stainless, and steel buckles
- Not too expensive
- Not fit for all brands
2. Wood Grip 5-Pack Pool Cover Anchors Concrete and Pavers Deck – Universal Size Fits 3/4 “Hole – Durable Brass Pool Cover Anchors and Head Screw Bolts
- High quality: Wood Grip brass pool cover anchors are made from high-quality brass metal. These pool cover grommets underwent rigorous testing to ensure durability, especially in harsh cold weather. They...
- Easy to Use: Our safety pool cover anchors are easy to use; you can install them within minutes. All you need to do is remove the old anchors, clean the hole of any debris, drop or tap the anchors in...
- Keeps Your Home Safe: Heavy-duty pool cover anchor that will preserve your inground swimming pool safety cover in place, even in a heavy winter wind. Keep your pool area safe from accidents during colder...
- Kit includes: The package contains five pool cover anchors and five pieces of head screw bolts. All the parts are made of premium quality solid brass that will not rust. We offer you better quality and the...
These brass wood anchors made of high-grade brass metal are genuine Wood Grip products. They go through a thorough examination to make sure you get a product with high durability, especially in freezing winters.
The heavy-duty pool cover anchor keeps your swimming pool covers in place to ensure your pool area is safe. It’s promised that this pool cover anchor will make your poolside free of accidents. These safety pool covers are safe to use and can be used by anyone.
- Not too expensive
- Easy to use
- Ensure safety
- Provides services during winter
- High-grade brass used
- High durability
- Not fit for all brands
3. Silginnes Pool Cover Anchors Concrete and Pavers Deck 10 Pack – Universal Size Fits 3/4” Hole- Durable Brass Pool Cover Anchors and Head Screw Bolts
- KEEPS YOUR POOL AREA SAFE, WON’T BREAK EVEN IN A STORM - 10-Pack of Heavy-duty pool cover anchors that will keep your swimming pool safety cover in place even at a heavy wind! Keep your pool area safe...
- UNIVERSAL FIT DESIGNED FOR BOTH CONCRETE AND PAVERS DECK - These swimming pool cover anchors are designed to fit all of the major brands. The anchors fit a 3/4" hole and are size 1-5/8" long. Our deck...
- NO NEED TO BUY EXTRA PIECES 10-PACK INCLUDES BOTH PARTS - Package includes: 10 pool cover anchors and 10 pieces of head screw bolts so you don’t have to buy any extra parts. All the parts are made of...
- SUPER QUICK AND EASY TO USE - Our safety pool cover anchor installation is super quick and easy. Simply remove the old anchors or drill a 3/4" hole to the concrete or pavers deck, clean the hole of any...
- WE PROVIDE A FULL WARRANTY - We monitor carefully the manufacturing process of Silginnes Pool Cover Anchors, but if there happens to be something you are not satisfied, just let us know and we are happy to...
These durable pool safety cover anchors won’t even break during a storm, remaining in their place even during heavy winds. By installing the cover in this deck anchor, you will be assured that it will maintain safety at your poolside.
This anchor is designed in a way that it fits all the major brands. It is made for concrete and pavers deck. It also saves you money. You don’t have to buy extra pieces as it has both pool cover anchor and head screw bolt.
The company looks closely into the manufacturing process of this Silginnes Pool Cover anchor. However, there’s a chance that you might not be satisfied with it. The company will provide a full refund or a new set just in this the product is faulty or not up to the mark after you file a complaint.
- Rust-free parts
- Guaranteed satisfaction
- Refund and exchange policies available
- Ensured safety, especially for kids and pets
- High-quality brass used
- Durable, won’t falter during storms or heavy winds
- Universal fit
- Not fit for all brands
4. Wood Grip Pool Cover Brass Anchor Head Screw Bolt
- Dimensions: The outside diameter of the screw stud is 0.540 inches (13.70mm) thread 9/16 UNC and 12 thread per inch. Check thread size and other dimensions. These could be adaptable universal brands....
- Kit includes: The package contains pool cover brass anchor replacement head screw bolts. All the parts are made of premium quality solid brass that will not rust. We offer you better quality and the...
- Important: This listing is only for Head screw bolts, it doesn't include complete anchor assembly
- Quality and Durability: Pool Cover Brass Anchor Head Screw Bolt made from quality brass to last longer in harsh cold weather
- Original "Wood Grip": These pool safety cover anchors are genuine Wood Grip brand products. Direct retail from the manufacturer
This product includes Head screw bolts, but it doesn’t include the whole anchor assemble. These anchor screw bolts are used for most pool cover brass anchors, excluding the Meyco Brand Anchor. It’s advised that before you place your order, you check your pool cover brand so that there’s no confusion.
It is a genuine Wood Grip brand, made from high-quality brass to last longer in harsh winters. You must check the thread size and other dimensions while buying.
- High-quality brass
- Don’t falter during harsh weather
- Genuine Wood Grip brand
- Replacement bolts
- It can be used for most brands
- Can’t be used for all brands (exception: the Meyco Brand anchor)
5. Wood Deck Brass Anchor with Collar for Pool Safety Cover Universal Replacement for In-ground Swimming Pool Safety Covers and Mesh Covers
- HIGH QUALITY – Our brass anchors are made from high-quality brass metal. Our pool deck anchors went through rigorous testing to ensure their durability, especially in harsh cold weather. They were also...
- KEEPS YOUR HOME SAFE – A safety pool cover can help keep your home safe from accidents during colder months. By using our pool deck anchor 10 pack, you ensure that your pool is completely accident safe...
- SAVES YOU MONEY – Most replacement safety pool cover anchors cost around $10 a piece depending on the manufacturer. Our 10-pack brass wood deck anchors on the other hand offer you the same quality, and...
- SUPER EASY TO USE – Our safety pool cover anchors are easy to use, anyone can do it. Genuine "Wood Grip" brand - Made from high-quality brass metal - longer durability in harsh cold weather.
These premium quality brass anchors are made from top-class brass. This genuine Wood Grip brand provides you with pool deck anchors that go through special training to check their durability in all kinds of conditions. They are altered to perfection and work as a replacement for most major brands.
They not only keep your home safe during colder months but also prevent kids and pets from falling in and getting trapped under a safety cover. These packs save you money and offer you the same quality and flexibility at half the price of usual suppliers. They are a piece of cake for anyone as their installation process is really easy.
- Easy to use
- High-quality brass used
- Replacement for most big brands
- Offers the same flexibility as other alternatives
- Safety is ensured
- Not fit for all brands
How Does a Pool Cover Anchor Work?
Pool cover anchors fasten the straps of winter pool covers to the deck or ground. They are typically made from brass; they screw down flush to the concrete during the pool season. At the same time, they screw out to provide anchor points for springs that are fitted to the cover straps.
The brass anchors contain different housings according to the ground type in which they will be installed. It includes concrete or pavers, dirt, and grass. A concrete deck anchor casing is immovable due to friction.
A ¾” hole about 2 ¼” deep is formed in a concrete standard deck with the top rim casing slightly large. When the casing is fixed in, it’s squeezed to hold it in place. 9”, 15”, or 18” pipes and 1” OD is used to place anchors in pavers, stone, bricks, or grass.
Note: A silicone spray is recommended for the protection and lubrication of brass anchors.
How to Install Pool Cover Anchors
Installing Cover Anchors is a task for most users but, the recommendations here make it easier. However, if you need to install one, here are some important tips.
Brass anchors are turned by a ¼” Allen Key. A steel installation rod containing a notch at the bottom is used to stretch the spring and stretch it over an anchor. This steel installation rod must fit over the anchor for the spring to stretch properly.
It’s very easy to remove the spring at the opening and fit the installation rod inside the ring. You must twist it until the tool’s end is in the limbo of the ring and the stud. Then, bend the tool towards the pool. The ring will slide up the tool, lift, and fall off.
It’s not easy to get the correct amount of leverage, and you may have to insert the tool in the free space. While twisting, you can kick it at the side of your foot. Boots are a prerequisite for this technique. Another substitute for removing the spring is a string-puller T-handle with a “J” hook at the end.
It’s used to install and set trampolines usually. An aluminum tamp tool is also available on the market to install brass anchors.
The brands recommended here have very easy installation processes that include only a few steps.
- Slide out the old anchors from the hole
- Clean the hole of any remaining debris
- Gently, insert the anchor in the hole
- Screw-in the inserts
Follow the above steps, and you’re done!
Some other installation methods are:
- Core drilling is the only way to install anchors in pavers to avoid shattering them. You should not be drilling with a hammer drill in all but some cases as it will crack the pavers. Thick and large pavers might be unaffected by hammer drills, but some will definitely break. Usually, going in the joint works.
- This type of drilling is time-consuming and expensive, the installation costing twice the price. You can use regular anchors if the pavers are mortared firmly to the concrete base.
- You need an anchor in the pipe for a loose set of pavers. There is an uncertainty in the security and safety of anchors in loose set pavers, according to manufacturers. It’s recommended that you contact the manufacturer to confirm the requisites for a good safety rating.
- Although most of the force is parallel to the ground, there is a presence of some vertical force applied that pulls up the pavers. You need to bevel the stone edge and sand down the anchor ridges when using regular anchors. You do this so that ridges don’t spall the stone.
- While doing this, make sure that you aren’t making the anchors lose. They’re required to be snug.
For Chipped Anchor Holes in Concrete
It’s normal for some chipping on the surface caused by a hammer drill. The bit used can make a difference. Two-bladed bits don’t drill as nicely a hole as a four-bladed bit, while worn bits don’t drill a hole as well as fresh bits. Good bits are costly, and thus, the conclusion is a function of the installer and his tool choice.
Note: The flour-bladed Bosch bits and brass trim rings are the best.
The Problem in Getting a “Screw-up” Anchor to Come Up
Ensure that the screw can go all the way in by removing any sand or pebbles from the hole. These brass anchors will strip out easily and make sure there is a lot of contact between the tool and the anchor. If the anchor can come up a bit, blow out the debris present and splash some water in the shell.
The water will clean some more debris blocking the threads. Twist the anchor down to allow this cleansing. After it comes out, clean the body of the anchor and its threads with water. If an insert moves a bit, you can pull it out.
Put some water on the screw and work it in. To do this, move the screw back and forth till the water loosens the debris. You need to be patient and keep adding water to wash out the grit from the hole completely. You can use a long Allen key and put its short side into the anchor. The long handle of the install-removal tool will go over the long side of the key for more force to pull the jammed anchor from the hole.
The Bottom Line: Best Pool Cover Anchors
You have all the information required to get your own pool cover anchor. Take your pick! These top 5 products have been chosen after careful consideration of the quality, reviews, and durability of the products.
They are convenient and have helped hundreds of people, fulfilling all their promises to their clients. You will be all set for winter once you buy these amazing pool cover anchors for your pool!
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2023-10-01