Vacuuming your swimming pool is something that you should be doing at least once a week. When you vacuum the pool and remove debris, it makes it much easier for your pool water to stay clean and balanced. Of course, vacuuming the pool without a hose is going to be impossible.
A pool vacuum hose is one of those things that you can’t live without. Finding a perfect fit for your pool vacuum head and pool intakes should not be hard, but there are other considerations that you must take. We have found some of the best swimming pool vacuum hose choices on the market and the information to help you choose the best one for you.
The 8 Best Pool Vacuum Hose Reviews
1. Poolmaster Heavy Duty in-Ground Pool Vacuum Hose With Swivel Cuff
- Pool vacuum hose for use with standard swimming pool vacuum and telescopic pole for manual in ground pool vacuuming; not made for automatic or robotic pool cleaners
- Extra long pool hose vacuum features swivel cuff for kink-free maneuverability; UV and chemical resistant; extruded flexible EVA and poly-welded EVA cuffs for durability
- Spiral wound construction creates strength, flexibility, and maximum water flow rate; superior tensile strength for crush-resistant pool cleaner hose
- Easy install pool vacuum connector hose; swivel cuff end connects directly onto the manual pool vacuum head and the non-swivel end connects to the pool skimmer
- Professional quality pool vacuum hose for inground pools, made to last in the USA; measures 1-1/2-inch diameter by 30-feet for most inground pools
The Poolmaster Heavy Duty Pool Vacuum Hose is one of the best on the market. This is a hose that will last you for quite some time and give you the longevity you need from your pool equipment. The hose is made with a spiral round construction that gives it strength, flexibility, and a swift flow.
One of the most important things to look for in a pool vacuum hose is making sure that it is UV and chemical resistant. Chances are your pool hose will be in the pool quite a bit. If it starts to deteriorate or fade because of the environment, you will be left having to purchase another.
- Spiral round construction for durability
- Kink free design
- High-quality materials
- Easily fits in with current pool equipment
- Not to be used with a suction type vacuum cleaner
2. Puri Tech Universal Swimming Pool Cleaner Durable Hose 48 Long Grey Color
When you purchase a pool vacuum hose, you will get it in segments you will then have to put together. Having the different segments helps make sure that you can get the hose to the exact length you need. The Puri Tech is sold in a six-pack of eight-foot sections. You will get a total of 48 feet of hose with this model.
The Pure Tech pool vacuum hose is easy to install and designed to work with your pool cleaner hose. Regardless of the pool vacuum type that you have, the Puri Tech should work for you. When installing the Puri Tech pool vacuum hose, you will notice the installation is relatively easy.
- Good durability and quality
- Works with pool vacuums
- High-quality material
- Takes a bit of time to put hoses together when vacuum hoses are first received.
3. US Pool Supply 1-1/2″ X 40 Foot Professional Heavy Duty Spiral Wound Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose With Swivel Cuff
- Professional heavy duty 1-1/2" (38mm) x 40 foot (12m) spiral wound swimming pool vacuum hose with kink-free swivel cuff.
- A strong, flexible spiral wound crush-resistant hose that is built to last for many years! It's constructed with durable EVA material that is UV and chemical-resistant with an abrasion-resistant outer...
- The swivel cuff allows for kink-free maneuverability with no tangles. Connect the swivel cuff directly onto the vacuum head or accessory and connect the non-swivel end to the skimmer or pump inlet.
- This premium high-performance hose provides the maximum flow rate and allows for the proper full suction, so you can keep your pool clean and ready for use, and you can focus on what's most important,...
- Buy with confidence. If you're not satisfied with this hose at any time within 5 years of purchase, we'll provide a refund or replacement.
Although our top choice is one of the best priced and high-quality products on the market, you will notice that it is only 30 feet long. It is crucial for pool owners with a very large pool to choose hoses with enough length to make their way across.
The US Pool Supply Professional Heavy Duty Spiral Wound pool hose is forty feet long and built to eliminate any kinks or tangles. When working with the longer pool hoses, the swivel cuff construction is essential. This is a hose built to last and even comes with a five-year warranty to prove it.
- Long enough for most pool lengths
- Swivel cuff to prevent tangles
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Tends to have a hard time straightening out when you first get it
4. Milliard Pool Vacuum Hose – 5 Hoses for Pool / Spa Cleaners, Perfect Pool Vacuum Extension/Replacement
- 1.5” suction ports for compatibility with all automatic pool vacuums
- Comes with 5 hoses at 3 feet long each - combine several hoses to customize any length you want up to 15 feet!
- Maximum durability and flexibility of hoses allow you to wind hose, store anywhere, and save space.
- Male/female connections at either end for versatile configuration
- Works great for aboveground and inground pools.
If your current pool vacuum hose is starting to fall apart a bit, you may only need to replace one section at a time. Since most of these hoses offer sections that can come apart, you may not need to replace the entire hose at once. The good thing about this is that you can then have some backup sections should you need them.
The Milliard Pool Vacuum Hose is sold in five sections so that you can easily replace and extend any part of your current hose. Pool vacuum hoses in this package are three feet long, and the total that you get is 15 feet. If you have a small above-ground pool, this could be a good choice, but for the most part, use something like this for fixing and updating your current pool vacuum hose.
- Easy to connect the ends of the vac hose
- No issues with the hose curling too much
- Can repair and extend existing pool vacuum hose
- Not a solution on its own for a larger inground pool
5. Aqua Select Premium Kink-Free Swimming Pool Vacuum Hoses
- FLEXIBLE 50' POOL HOSE - Swivel cuff for kink-free maneuverability. Perfect pool vacuum hose for above-ground and inground swimming pools.
- APPLICATION - Universal design can be used with all standard 1.5" Inch pool vacuums.
- DURABLE - UV and chemically resistant, this pool vacuum hose is made to withstand anything that needs to get vacuumed up.
- SUPERIOR STRENGTH - Superior tensile strength for crush-resistant operation Spiral wound construction for strength, flexibility, and maximum flow rate.
- ACCESSORIES - Comes with a Aqua Select Helper
When shopping for any pool equipment, it is important to make sure that you are paying attention to pricing. With the number of products on the market and the ability to shop both in store and online, you can look for great deals on pool vacuum hoses. The Aqua Select Premium Kink Free Hose will give you premium quality while saving you money in the long run.
The Aqua Select is considered to be a premium design with fifty feet of length. This hose features a swivel cuff to make sure that it is easy to move around your pool. The Aqua Select premium will work on both above-ground and inground pools.
Most notably with the Aqua Select is the superior strength that it has. You won’t have to worry if the kids or the dog step on the hose; it will work out just fine. The hose is crust resistant and built to keep water flowing strongly at all times.
- Comes with a unit to help you fold up and hold the hose
- Very high tensile strength
- Easy to move and maneuver around the pool
- Fifty feet of length
- Price is higher than some other products on the market
6. Poolmaster Commercial in-Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose With Swivel Cuff
- Heavy duty pool vacuum hose features leak-proof swivel cuff to prevent air from entering or exiting the hose, ensuring maximum vacuum suction while staying afloat for easy pool cleaning
- Extra long pool hose vacuum features swivel cuff for kink-free maneuverability; UV and chemical resistant; extruded flexible commercial-grade hose cuffs for durability
- Spiral wound construction creates strength, flexibility, and maximum water flow rate; superior tensile strength for crush-resistant and leak proof pool cleaner hose
- Easy install pool vacuum connector hose features two-layer construction that is spiral wound together in air tight interlocking design and is abrasion and crush resistant
- Professional quality pool vacuum hose for inground pools, made to last in the USA; measures 1-1/2-inch diameter by 50-feet for most inground pools
Anytime you see commercial grade pool equipment, you can expect the quality to be quite a bit higher than the residential grade. Commercial grade pool vacuum hoses need to be built for everyday use, they have to be long enough to handle large pools, and they should have the swivel cuff design.
The Poolmaster Commercial Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose is an excellent choice for seeking long-term durability and functionality from their pool vacuum hose. This is a leak-proof design that is also going to be chemical and UV resistant. Since the sun and chemicals won’t break the hose down, you will have this particular model for years to comes.
- Commercial-grade material
- Will last a long time
- Easy to change with current pool equipment, universal fit
- UV and chemical resistant
- Commercial grade hoses tend to be a bit heavier to maneuver around the pool deck
7. Haviland Forger Loop Pool Hose
- The most affordable premium grade spiral wound vacuum hose in its class
- Premium grade spiral wound
- Ultraviolet and chemical protection
- Made with swivel cuff
In addition to the total length of your pool vacuum hose, it is also important to consider the diameter of the hose. This specific Haviland is sold in 1.5 diameter, but they also offer several different lengths with a 1.25 diameter hose.
With this hose, you will get 30 feet of length, and it should be more than enough to stretch across your above-ground swimming pool.
In addition, this is made with higher quality materials and an abrasion-resistant outer shell. The hose is lightweight, and it will float easily if you are doing a quick vacuum in your pool. The Haviland is made to be chemical and UV resistant.
- Easy to connect and set up
- Comes in various diameters and lengths
- Great for above ground pools
- Fairly priced
- Longevity is not as good as some other brands
8. Robelle Premium 770h Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose
- Spiral Wound Construction Makes This Hose Very Flexible
- Thick Crown For Extra Wear And Abrasion Resistance
- Swivel Cuff Prevents Twisting, Kinking And Tangling
- No Assembly Required
As you have probably noticed from our pool vacuum hose reviews, there are two options that you will have when you choose your new pool vacuum. You can get very high quality and have great anti-twisting and tangling capability, or you can purchase a cheap hose.
Some people do fine with a cheap hose, but most find that this is a piece of pool equipment worth investing a few extra dollars into. The Robelle Premium 770H Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose is one of the more expensive options on our list, but it has some great benefits.
The thicker crown is built to help ensure that even an accidental stepping-on will not completely ruin this hose. The swivel cuff design means that you won’t have to worry about kinking and tangling either. Although it may be difficult to spend a few extra dollars, long term, you will likely save money when you don’t need to replace this hose as often.
- Spiral wound construction
- Swivel hose cuff
- Premium quality materials and durability
- Prices are a bit higher for these premium type hoses
What Is a Pool Vacuum Hose?
A pool vacuum hose is going to connect your pool vacuum hose head to the pool filtration system. Depending on the type of pool vacuum you have and how your vacuum connects to the pool system, you will have to make sure you choose the proper length and diameter of the hose. If you end up with something that is too long or too short, you won’t get the functionality you need.
Pool Vacuum Hose Parts
When you purchase a new pool vacuum hose, you can expect that it will have some different parts that will help make sure it connects properly and stays in place. Most pool vacuum hoses will come in a few different segments. They will have connections and adapters to make sure they fit properly with your pool equipment.
Pool Vacuum Hose Adapter
If your pool vacuum hose is not the same brand as the rest of your pool equipment, you may need an adapter to get it to fit correctly. These adapters are typically small pieces that fit on the end of the vacuum and easily connect into either the head or the pool vacuum connection on the pool’s wall.
Pool Vacuum Hose Connector
A hose connector will help you get certain pieces of your hose to connect to each other. The end of the hose will have either a male or female connection, and it will attach into different sections of the hose to make it work properly for you.
Pool Vacuum Hose Ends
The pool vacuum hose ends are the most crucial consideration when you purchase your new pool hose. You must make sure that the hose ends are going to fit into your current pool equipment. Many of the hoses that you buy will come with directions and instructions that will give you information about the types of pool vacuums they work with. For instance, if you have a Polaris, make sure your vacuum hose works with a Polaris.
Considerations When Choosing a Pool Vacuum Hose
Now that you have a better understanding of the best pool vacuum hoses on the market, it’s important to make sure your purchase the right one for your pool. Here are a few considerations that you must make before purchasing your pool vacuum hose.
When you choose a pool vacuum hose, you must consider the length that you need. If your pool vacuum is too short, you won’t be able to get to all areas of your pool. The vacuum hose must be long enough to give you access to vacuum all areas of the pool. Most pool vacuums sold are around 30 feet in length. For larger pools, you can find some that are closer to 50 feet.
The good news about length is that many of these pool vacuum choices are adaptable, and you can put pieces of them together. This helps make sure that you can always get the exact length you need for your pool.
The length you need for your pool vacuum hose could vary depending on the type of pool vacuum you have. For a traditional vacuum head, you will likely need something just as long as your pool. For automatic and suction vacuums, it is better to have a little extra hose so that it can move around the pool with ease.
Another important consideration is the diameter of the pool vacuum hose. The diameter will help you determine water flow and whether it will connect with your current pool equipment. Most of the time, the diameter of the pool vacuum hose is going to be around 1.5 inches. This seems to be the standard size; however, there are options out there for 1.25-inch pool hoses as well. Always check the diameter of your current equipment to make sure you are replacing it with the proper hose.
As you saw from our reviews of the best pool vacuums on the market, the pricing varies quite slightly. Most pool vacuum hoses are going to be less than $100 and more than $30. The price will depend on the type of hose you buy, the length, and the materials that it is made with. It pays to purchase a pool hose that is a bit more durable, even if it costs more money. The higher pricing will likely mean that you don’t have to replace the pool hose all that often.
UV and Chemical Resistant
A hose should be both UV and chemical-resistant. The UV resistance helps to ensure that the sun does not break down the hose over time. Even if you don’t have your pool hose in your pool, you may have it stored on the deck in the sun. Making sure that the pool hose doesn’t fall apart over time is essential.
The chemical resistance is so that the pool water, chlorine, pH, etc., don’t start to deteriorate the hose. If you have an automatic pool vacuum that you leave in the pool quite a bit, chances are that it will need to be chemical resistant. The more time the hose spends in the water, the more chemical resistant it will need to be.
The swivel cuff construction on the pool hose will help ensure that it can move around and not tangle up as you vacuum your pool. You can always tell a poorly made pool hose when you see that it is tangled in a ball, and the hose needs to be straightened out each time you use it. Swivel cuff construction is prevalent in the better hoses, and it will make vacuuming your pool much less frustrating.
Hose Durability and Construction
Hose durability is essential. Since you will need to vacuum your pool at least once per week, the pool vacuum hose is something that you will have in place for a very long time. Purchasing something durable and made with high-quality materials is essential. Pay attention to the features that say things like “anti-tangle” or “anti-crush.” These will ensure that you can have the occasional rough handling of your hose but still not cause it to break.
Last but certainly not least is choosing a hose for your pool based on the vacuum you have. For a handheld traditional pool vacuum, you can get away with almost any pool hose. However, when you have automatic and suction-type pool vacuums, you must ensure that the hose you purchase is compatible.
If the compatibility is not there, your suction vacuum will likely get pulled off the wall and not be able to use the hose to get around the pool. Most pool vacuum hoses will list whether they can be used with the automatic or suction typed vacuums.
How to Use a Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose
A swimming pool vacuum hose should be one of the easier pool equipment pieces to figure out. Your pool hose will either come as one long piece, or it will come in sections that need to be snapped together. Putting the sections together is not difficult, but the way to do this will vary depending on what product you purchased.
Most of the time, you simply need to screw in the pieces of the vacuum so that they connect with each other. Some pool holes will simply snap in place, and you can quickly pull them apart when needed. You will have first to figure out how many segments you need and get the length of your pool vacuum hose correct.
Once the length is in place, you can then use the adapters on either end of the pool vacuum hose to attach to the pool head and the pool wall or return. Some pools have different connections for where the vacuum must connect but for the most part, it needs to send the debris back through the filter systems so that you can empty and remove anything that the vacuum sucks up.
When you are done with your pool hose, you can then store it somewhere before you need to use it again. The best way to do this is to store it straight where you can. This will help to remove any trouble with kinking or tangling. If you don’t have this ability, make sure that you keep the loops wide so that they are not too tight the next time you try and use them in the pool. When the loops are too tight, the vacuum can end up pulling too hard and making it difficult for you to get the sections in the far corners of the pool clean.
Pool Vacuum Hose FAQ
Now that you understand what a pool vacuum hose is used for and how to get the best one for your pool, you may have some questions about the hose itself and how it will work for your pool. Here are some of the most common questions that pool owners ask regarding pool hoses.
Are Pool Vacuum Hoses Universal?
Pool vacuum hoses are designed to be universal. However, you must make sure that the size of the hose that you are using is the proper one for the equipment that you have. Suppose your vacuum hose is a 1.5-inch diameter. In that case, you must ensure that you have a 1.5-inch diameter intake in your pool return to connect your vacuum to.
What Is the Best Pool Vacuum Hose?
The best pool vacuum hose is the Pool Master Heavy Duty Swimming Pool Vacuum hose. With this Pool Master, you can get plenty of lengths, durability, and a hose that won’t tangle while you are using it. The Pool Master products are known for being of good quality and making it easier for people to complete their pool maintenance projects.
What Size Pool Vacuum Hose Do I Need?
You will need a pool vacuum hose at least the length of your pool. Most pool owners like to have something that has about ten extra feet of length. If you have a small above-ground pool, be careful not to get something that is too long. If the hose is too long, you will be dealing with a bunch of extra slack and have to maneuver the hose too much. This also makes it difficult to see the floor of the pool while you vacuum.
Do Garden Hose Pool Vacuums Work?
Garden hose pool vacuums can do a great job of cleaning up large leaves and debris on the bottom of the pool. This is not the best choice when you are dealing with smaller debris and tiny particles. You will need a traditional pool vacuum to take care of these things.
The Best Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose
Choosing a suitable vacuum hose for your pool is important. The job of vacuuming your pool needs to happen quite often, and if it does not, you will have a messy pool to take care of. The best thing to do is to choose a vacuum that is higher in quality, has plenty of lengths, and will be resistant to UV and chemical breakdown over time. Any option on our list of the best pool vacuum hoses on the market could be a good choice as long as it is the correct length and diameter for your pool.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2023-12-04