Keeping your pool clean is supposed to be as enjoyable as taking a swim. But let’s face it. Sometimes it can be a pain keeping it super clean without the right equipment. Skimmers, brushes, vacuum heads, and nets won’t be effective without a pool pole! It is the king connector of them all. A pool pole allows you to reach the farthest spots that notorious dirt can hide.
By attaching a vacuum head, brush, net, or skimmer to a pool pole, you can scrub, sweep and clean your pool efficiently without getting inside. Therefore, it’s essential to use the best pool pole to make your pool cleaning easy.
However, with many different pool poles available in the market, it can be daunting to pick the best. In this guide, we have reviewed the 12 best pool poles in the market to help you keep your pool clean and in pristine condition.
12 Best Pool Poles
Pool poles are built extensions to help you clean your pool with ease. They make the cleaning process easier and less tedious. The best pool poles are durable and easy to clean because they are made of strong, sturdy material. Here are the 12 best swimming pool poles:
1. 21 ft. Telescoping Pool Cleaning Pole – 3-Piece
- Three-piece pole extends from 8 ft. to 21 ft.
- Heavy-duty aluminum frame.
The 21 ft. Telescoping Pool Cleaning Pole topped the list due to its quality and features. Made by Poolmaster, it packs a heavy-duty aluminum frame for durability and effective pool maintenance. You can use it for most in-ground and above-ground pools.
Featuring an extra-thick hand grip and outer-locking cam for easy operation, it’s efficient for cleaning even the largest pools. It has a three-piece handle that extends from 8 ft. to 21 ft. to ensure you reach the farthest spots.
With an overall dimension of 93 x 3.5 x 3 inches and weighing 5 pounds, it makes pool cleaning easy and stress-free. Furthermore, it is compatible with most pool cleaning equipment, such as skimmers, nets, and vacuums.
- Made of heavy-duty material for durability
- Three-piece pole extends 8 ft. to 21 ft. to reach the farthest spots
- Thick handle grip and an external locking cam
- Requires a considerable storage space
2. Jed Pool Tools 50-560-16 Professional Deluxe Anodized Telescopic Pole, 16-Feet, Black and Silver
- Power source type: Wood Pellet
The JED Pool Tools Professional Deluxe Anodized Telescopic Pole is an excellent choice if you are after the most versatile and super-functional swimming pool pole. Its anodized aluminum construction makes it strong, durable, and corrosion-free.
It packs a maximum length of 16 feet when fully extended as a two-piece pool pole, making pool cleaning child’s play. Its inner and outer parts are made from “True Commercial Grade” material to handle light or heavy pool cleaning tasks.
To add to its functionality, it features a large deluxe external locking cam and a non-slip PVC for a firm grip when cleaning. A variety of swimming pool accessories can be easily mounted on it, including brushes, nets, skimmers, and more.
- Made from True Commercial Grade material for durability
- Adjustable length for wider reach
- Large deluxe external locking cam and non-slip PVC for a firm grip
- Compatible with many pool maintenance accessories, including pool nets, skimmers, etc
- Makes for a great pool skimmer pole
- Relatively expensive
3. Swimline 3-Piece Anodized Outside Cam Mailer Telescopic Pole, 5-Feet to 15-Feet
- 5'-15' Adjustable length
- Blue anodized finish
- 3 pc dual external locking cams
Swimline is famous for its massive array of efficient and durable above-ground pool care products. And the Swimline Anodized Outside Cam Mailer Telescopic Pole ascertains the brand’s reputation.
Thanks to its three pieces of dual exterior locking cams, it makes it easy to clean your pool easy peasy within a short time frame. It’s perfect for a small or standard size swimming pool as it extends 6 to 12 feet. It also has a magnetic piece at the end of the pool to collect metal pieces that might have fallen into your pool.
With an innovative, easy-to-use twist locking mechanism, you can constantly adjust the telescopic pole to the desired length. The standardized 32 millimeters diameter ensures it fits a standard pool net, brush, and vacuum cleaner.
- Lightweight and convenient to handle
- Easy to use locking mechanism
- A magnetic piece that collects metal pieces in the swimming pool
- Made of sturdy and durable aluminum material for more extended use
- Not suitable for large and deep pools
4. HydroTools by Swimline Anodized Outside Cam Telescopic Pool Pole
- Product Type: Outdoor Living
- Package Dimensions: 3.302 L x 3.81 W x 251.46 H (centimeters)
- Country of Origin: China
- Package Weight: 0.929 kilograms
Featuring ribbed anodized aluminum construction, the HydroTools by Swimline Anodized Outside Cam Telescopic pool rod is a must-have for your pool cleaning needs. It has a unique external locking cam that keeps the pieces together when cleaning.
Made of sturdy aluminum material, it’s corrosion-free, and you don’t have to worry about any rust stains in your pool. The ribbed handle adds to its practicability and efficiency to prevent it from slipping during usage.
With an adjustable length of 8ft. to 15 ft., this rod ensures you reach all the corners of your pool. It is also lightweight and attaches easily to most spa and pool care equipment. And you don’t have to worry about the attachments being loose as it supports even the weight of the wet material.
- Ribbed anodized aluminum construction for durability and convenience
- Compatible with other pool care equipment
- Lightweight and easy to operate
- Bends with continued use
5. U.S. Pool Supply Professional 16 Foot Blue Anodized Aluminum Telescopic Swimming Pool Pole
- Commercial Grade Pole - Durable and sturdy professional 16 foot blue anodized aluminum telescopic swimming pool pole. It's made with high quality ribbed aluminum for extra strength and longevity.
- Pole Expands Up To 16 Feet - Long 2 piece telescopic pole that expands in length from 8 feet up to 16 feet, which provides you the extra reach needed when cleaning a wide and deep swimming pool.
- Universal Pool Accessory Attachment Size - The poles universal fit size allows you to easily attach most pool maintenance accessories like nets, skimmers, rakes, brushes and vacuum heads. Pole is designed...
One of the best telescopic pool poles for regular pool maintenance and cleaning is the U.S. Pool Supply Professional 16 Foot pool pole. It’s made with high-quality ribbed aluminum for extra strength and durability.
This 2-piece telescopic pole expands from 8 ft. to 16ft. to provide you the necessary length to reach every spot of your pool. Its heavy-duty slip-resistant external locking cam locks the pole in place and prevents it from slipping while in use.
The pole’s universal fit size, 1 ¼ diameter connection end, allows you to easily attach most pool maintenance equipment like skimmers, rakes, and nets. It’s perfect for broad and deep pools and saves you tons of money you would incur hiring a pool maintenance team.
- Ribbed aluminum material for strength and durability
- Suitable for wide and deep pools
- Heavy-duty slip-resistant external locking mechanism
- Tight extension locks
6. U.S. Pool Supply Professional 12 Foot Blue Anodized Aluminum Telescopic Swimming Pool Pole
- Professional Grade Pole - Durable and sturdy professional 12 foot blue anodized aluminum telescopic swimming pool pole. It's made with high quality ribbed aluminum for extra strength and longevity.
- Pole Expands up to 12 Feet - Long 3 piece telescopic pole that expands in length from 4 feet up to 12 feet, which provides you the extra reach needed when cleaning a wide and deep swimming pool.
- Universal Accessory Attachment Size - The poles universal fit size allows you to easily attach most pool maintenance accessories like nets, skimmers, rakes, brushes and vacuum heads. Pole is designed with...
If you don’t like the 16 foot U.S. Pool Supply Professional, this 16-foot blue anodized aluminum telescopic swimming pool pole from U.S Pool Supply is another excellent option. It’s a shorter version of the 16 feet anodized rod from the same brand.
It consists of three individual pieces that can be adjusted independently for every pool cleaning need. Telescopic poles measure 12 feet long and can be folded up to 4 feet for convenient storage.
This sturdy pole also features a snap-in system and Locking Cam button that moves and locks in your desired position and length. Its aluminum material adds to its comfort, stability, aesthetics, and easy handling.
- Snap-in system and Locking Cam button that adjusts the pole in the desired position
- Compatible with other pool cleaning accessories
- Not suitable for large and deep pools
7. Skimlite 9018 3-Piece Dual-Locking Telescoping Pool Cleaning Pole-6-18 Feet
- Poles are hand-made in the USA
- Constructed from light-weight, heavy-grade aluminum
- Features three super-strong, dual-locking mechanisms that allow for re-sizing
- Provides longer extensions during rigorous work without slipping
- 2-piece telepole extends from 6 to 18 feet long
Do you want to achieve professional pool cleaning services without incurring the costs of hiring pool cleaners? Then, the Skimlite Dual-Locking telescoping pool is your best fit. Designed with lightweight, heavy-grade aluminum, it goes beyond what most pole poles can do.
Skimlite telescoping pool pole features three strong, dual locking mechanisms that lock the rod in position externally and internally. It prevents it from sliding off and provides extra stability during the cleaning process.
Extending 6-18 feet long, it makes pool cleaning less a hassle. What’s more, you can use only the inner lock for the lighter tasks. It also comes with internal cam poles, with a cam plug for extra support.
- Strong and durable
- External and internal lock systems for tight grip and security
- Massive length
- Bends over time with continued use
8. Eversprout 5-to-12 Foot Telescopic Extension Pole
- SAVE TIME, SKIP THE LADDER - REACH UP TO 18-20 FEET WHEN STANDING - Adjust the Smart, 3-stage Extension Pole to any custom length from ~4.5 to 12 feet (57”-144”). Reach up to 18-20 feet when standing....
- MULTIPURPOSE WITH OVER 10X POTENTIAL USES – Use with Twist-On Household Tools (attachments sold separately). Simply twist-on the Eversprout tool of your choice: Paint Roller, Squeegee, Cobweb Duster,...
- THE EVERSPROUT ADVANTAGE – 1 YEAR WARRANTY, MIND-BLOWING USA CUSTOMER SERVICE, 1 TREE PLANTED WITH EVERY ORDER – When’s the last time you had a shopping experience that ‘Wowed’ you? Probably not...
If you have a deep pool and you care about extension above everything else, EVERSPROUT has got you covered. This rod extends from 6 to 18 feet to ensure you reach every corner of your pool’s surface or floor with ease.
Made with top-quality aluminum material for maximum durability, it features a lightweight and sturdy design to make your pool cleaning effortless. With its multipurpose 10X potential uses, you can use it with other household tools, including paint rollers, brooms, etc.
It packs a flip-tab locking mechanism that allows you to adjust to any custom length between 4.5 to 12 feet to prevent getting stuck. It also has a non-slip Eva foam that provides extra comfort, protection, and a reliable grip in wet conditions to avoid slipping.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Lightweight and sturdy design
- Compatible with many extensions
- Long extension
- Can bend at maximum extension
9. ProTuff Telescopic Pool Pole
- 𝗨𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 - Any broken, lost or defective part or pole will be replaced by Pro...
- 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗜𝗣𝗦 & 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗟𝗜𝗣𝗦 - Patented "Lock Right" spring loaded ring-pin locking technology outperforms traditional twist lock mechanisms...
- 𝗡𝗢 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗖𝗞 𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗦 𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗟 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗣𝗦𝗘 - Stainless steel "Lock Right" push button mechanism...
As the name suggests, the ProTuff Telescopic Pool Pole is a pro product you should add to your pool care accessories. It is made of heavy-duty construction material and is an excellent option for commercial and private pool owners.
With this pool pole, you don’t have to worry about breakages. This brand offers unlimited free replacement for life policy that fixes and replaces any broken, defective, or lost part of the pole for free. It features a spring-loaded ring-pin locking technology that allows better grip and prevents slipping.
Additionally, it has a push-button mechanism that prevents accidental collapse and jamming of the pole. Its thick aluminum, dual-channel inner lining, and ribbed exterior give you an unbreakable, unbendable product. The overall length is 16 feet which makes it ideal for cleaning any pool size.
- Unlimited lifetime replacement of broken and defective parts
- A push-button mechanism that prevents accidental collapse and jamming
- Loaded ring-pin locking technology for better grip
- Requires more storage space
10. Aqua Select 2 ½ – 7 ½ Foot Telescoping Pool Vacuum Pole
- DESIGNED FOR VERSATILITY - This Aqua Select Telescoping Pool Vacuum Pole is expandable to reach 2 ½ - 7 ½ feet . This pole can be easily stored and has adjustable varied lengths to help with a variety of...
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE QUALITY - Don’t settle for flimsy poles that break easily. This Telescoping Pool Vacuum Pole is made from high-quality aluminum so that you can maintain your swimming pool or spa with...
- EASY OPERATION - This Aqua Select Telescoping Pool Vacuum Pole has an outer locking cam with a handle grip that was designed for easy operation when cleaning your pool or spa. The attachment brush, vacuum...
The Aqua Select 2 ½ – 7 ½ vacuum pole is designed for versatility to ease the hurdles you face when cleaning your pool. It’s short and strong, suitable for shallow pools. Its professional-grade quality materials allow you to maintain your spa or pool with ease.
This Aqua Select pool pole packs an outer locking cam with a tight handle grip that prevents slipping. A one-inch diameter hole fits other pool accessories, including pool brushes, vacuum heads, and leaf skimmers.
- Easy to operate
- Universal fit for most skimmers, brushes, and vacuum heads
- Made of high-quality materials for durability
- Easy to store
- Not suitable for large and deep pools
11. Aqua Select Telescopic Vacuum Pole Variety Kit
- HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM - Made from quality aluminum, this vacuum pole is made to last.
- LIGHT WEIGHT - Easy to guide in the water when picking up debris in your swimming pool.
- THIS POLE WON'T SLIP OUT OF YOUR HANDS = Rubber coated handle and locking cams allows you to have a firm grip while you are cleaning your pool.
- EASY TO CONNECT ALL ATTACHMENTS - Swap out your vacuum head, pool brush, net and skimmer within seconds with the Ez-Clip Release.
- CLEAN YOUR POOL FROM EVERY ANGLE - Extend pole from 5ft - 15ft.
The Aqua Select Variety Kit is a prime pool cleaning equipment with strong aluminum for increased efficiency and durability. Its lightweight and sturdy design make it easy to guide it in the water when picking up dirt and debris in your swimming pool.
Featuring a rubber-coated handle and locking cams, it provides you with a firm grip that prevents it from slipping out of your hands. Its EZ-Clip Release system allows easy connection and swapping out several attachments, including pool net, pool brush, and skimmer. With its 5 to 15 ft expandable length, it makes cleaning your pool from every angle effortless. You can also use this as a pool brush pole.
- Lengthy and easy to store
- Effective external locking cam
- Comfortable rubber-coated grip handle
- Bends at maximum extension
What Are Pool Poles Used for?
Pool poles are built extensions designed to help you clean your pool efficiently and with much ease. It also allows for the attachment of different pool and spa accessories to manually clean your swimming pool’s water surface, bottom, and walls with much ease. When used with a life hook, they act as a critical emergency response mechanism.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Pool Pole
When it comes to choosing the best pool pole for your swimming pool, there are certain things you need to consider. Additionally, being clear about your needs and preferences is essential since not all products will suit your needs. Here are some critical factors you must consider before buying a swimming pool pole.
There are several brands of pool poles to choose from. Some have been in the game for a long time, while others are new entrants. Some are better than others and offer perks with their product. To ensure you get a quality pool pole, purchase from a reputable manufacturer.
What part of your swimming pool do you want to clean? Both the surface and the bottom of your pool require cleaning. There are pool poles designed to clean the surface, while others are only suited to clean the bottom of your pool. For efficiency purposes, choose a rod that will clean both the surface and the bottom of your pool.
Before settling for a particular pool pole, it’s essential to have a budget. Having a budget will prevent financial constraints and money waste. Expensive models are best suited for heavy cleaning tasks, while cheaper poles are best for lightweight cleaning tasks. Remember, the best pole is the one that offers you value for your money.
When shopping for the best pool pole, it’s crucial to look at its make material. Avoid pool poles made of plastic material. Instead, go for aluminum poles. As a result, you get a high-quality and durable product that will serve you for a long time.
A good pool pole should have a diameter of 32 millimeters. This ensures that they are compatible with most commercial attachments. However, you should also keep in mind this is not a general size, so you should always consider the diameter of your pool net, brush or vacuum cleaner for easy fitting.
Before purchasing any pool pole, consider the length and size of your pool. A telescopic pool pole comes in different lengths to fit different swimming pool sizes. You should also check for an adjustable pole length for easier cleaning. This way, you will know whether you need a 12 ft. or 16 ft. pole. Note, a 12 ft. pole is suitable for smaller pools, while a 16 ft. pole is best suited for large and deep pools.
When considering the length of the pool pole, take note of how adjustable the pole is. Does it have a secure locking mechanism in place, and how safe is it? Go for a pole with easily adjustable mechanisms that hold and release fast your desired length. A basic twist-lock mechanism is easy to use with its push-button feature making pool adjustments easy peasy.
What other pool care attachments do you use? The best pool pole allows you to attach several accessories like brushes, skimmer, rakes, and vacuums for thorough cleaning. Check the number of attachments you can use with your pole but consider the diameter to ensure they fit perfectly.
What’s The Best Pool Pole Hanger?
There are a variety of different pool pole hooks available. Coming in a variety of sizes and styles, you’ll need to find the one that best fits your needs. Below you will find our recommendations for the pool hangers.
1. ProTuff 2 Pack Double Hanger Pool Hooks
With lifetime replacements, these stainless steel double hooks are perfect for your hanging needs.
- ::: UNLIMITED FREE REPLACEMENTS - Any broken, bent, lost or defective hanger will be replaced by ProTuff Products free of ANY charge for life.
- ::: 3X AS STRONG - High grade 316 stainless steel is roughly 3X stronger than the typical 5052 aluminum used by other storage rack brands.
- ::: BETTER CORROSION RESISTANCE - Minimize rust, pitting and hazing with 316 stainless steel's maximum outdoor corrosion resistance.
2. U.S. Pool Supply Set of 2 Plastic Pool Hangers for Telescopic Poles – Store Poles with Nets, Vacuums, Hoses & Attachments
Made from durable hard plastic, these pool hangers by US Pool Supply are sure to meet your storage needs. This pool pole holder is also capable of holding your hoses, which may peak your interest.
- 2 sturdy hangers with mounting hardware
- Quickly store poles, hoses & attachments
- Keep your pool area organized
Pool Pole FAQ
What Is the Ideal Length of a Pool Skimming Pole?
The ideal length of a pool skimming pole depends on the size of your pool. If you have a small, shallow pool, a 12-foot skimming pole is enough to remove all the dirt and debris from the pool. For large and deeper pools, consider a 16-foot long pole.
What Are the Hooks Attached to Some Pool Poles For?
Some pool poles have hooks attached to them. These hooks hold all types of pool care equipment like brushes, nets, and vacuum cleaners. They hold the attachments in place for an efficient cleaning process.
Should Pool Poles Come With Warranties?
A pool pole should come with a warranty. Never trust or purchase a pole without a warranty. Ensure the rod comes with at least a one-year warranty so that the manufacturer can replace any defects or breakages.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Pool Pole?
A pool pole is an excellent addition to your pool care and maintenance equipment. It helps keep your pool clean by removing dirt, stones, and debris that fall into your pool. This keeps the pool clean and enhances your swimming experience.
Owning a pool requires proper maintenance, and a pool pole is an essential tool for every pool owner. The best swimming pool pole is made of quality aluminum for durability and works with standard pool accessories. With our pool pole reviews and several factors to consider when buying one, finding the best pool pole should be easy. Having the right pole will save you hard labor and unnecessary stress. Happy cleaning.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2022-01-22