Warm summer weather means it’s time to get out and enjoy the swimming pool. But with all the accessories you need, including sunscreen, pool floats, noodles, towels, and pool toys, how can you possibly enjoy your time in the sun?
How do you ensure wet towels and dry ones are easily assembled and accessible? Where can you store all of your pool accessories without having to walk around the house with a towel draped over your shoulder carrying your drinks, snacks, and sunglasses? With a bit of creativity, you can find pool storage to keep everything you need right by the pool.
Creative Pool Storage Ideas
Here are 21 pool storage ideas for your in-ground or above-ground pool, including storage options for towels, kids’ toys, water guns, sunscreen, floaties, pool toys, inflatables, and more.
Pool Toy Organizer
Toys and floats cluttering the pool deck and grass? Can’t find your favorite toys for a game of Marco Polo? Hang up a pool toy organizer to keep all of your pool toys in one place. You can purchase one of the many pool toy organizers available online.
- Mesh storage bin allows pool toys to air-dry
One of the easiest ways to keep pool toys close by is hanging them on a wall or fence. Hanging them can be a great way to save space and prevents kids from losing toys. You can use tarp clips or tarp straps to attach them to walls, fences, and banisters. Hooks are easy to install and can hold several pool toys, towels, pool noodles, and other items you want close by.
- STRONG GRIPPING POWER: Tarp Clips Heavy Duty Lock Grip designed with adjustable spiral thumb screws, alligator mouth with teeth holds tarps much more stable for using tarp clamps, tarp clips
- EASY TO INSTALL AND REMOVE: Tarp Clips Heavy Duty are easy to install or remove, just tighten or loosen the screw knob to adjust on thick or thin tarps.
- Package Included: (10 x Tarp Clip + 10 x Bungee Cords+ 1x Bag) Work as tarp clips, tarp clip, tarp clamps heavy duty, tarp clamps, tarp clamp, tarp bungee with balls, canvas clamps
Waterproof Outdoor Storage Box
Store sunscreen, sunglasses, and all other accessories within easy reach while you lounge by the pool with a waterproof poolside storage box. This is also a great place to store your towels, so they’re within reach after a quick dip. Just use a few zip ties to attach it to the pool deck, and you’re good to go.
- ASSEMBLY: This outdoor storage box is made to last. The installation process is easy and requires only one person, no tools are needed. Make sure all parts are clicked tightly and follow the instructions...
- MATERIAL: Our deck storage box is made of top-line plastic. We choose environmental-friendly resin which is lightweight, long-lasting, and low-maintenance.
- VERSATILITY: With a 32-gallon capacity and the proper size, this patio storage box not only has enough room to store your daily belongings both indoors and outdoors but can also be used as a side table or...
Don’t you love enjoying a cold drink while hanging out by the pool on a hot summer day? Rather than having to the run up to the house every time you need another drink, keep your cooler in the pool. A floating cooler keeps the drinks and snacks close by, so you don’t have to miss out on any summer fun. A floating cooler is a must-have if you are planning a pool party.
- Floating cooler lets you take your favorite drinks out on the water, great for enjoying a refreshing drink at the pool, lake, or beach
- Easily hold up to 72 cans inside the spacious cooler, or use the float as a base for any cooler up to 48 quarts inside
- Keep your opened drinks close at hand with the 6 built-in cupholders, conveniently floating your drinks on the water
A deck box is a weather-resistant outdoor storage box that stores all of your pool accessories. It’s excellent for storing sunscreen, sunglasses, balls, and other pool toys such as water guns and water balloons. You can also use a deck box to store poolside games accessories such as cards, dice, and board games.
A small deck box is perfect for storing the smaller items, while a larger deck box is great for bulky items and bigger pool toys and games. You can also use two or more deck boxes to store your accessories to free up some space around the pool area.
- XL 180 gallon storage capacity is ideal for items such as large cushions, garden tools, sports equipment, and pool supplies
- Protects contents from thieves, weather, nosy neighbors, and stray animals. Keep property private, hidden, and secure
- Durable steel frame lockable lid protects against backyard patio pirates. Hinge can hold lid open without falling on your fingers
Towels are essential when you’re laying out by the pool, so they’ll need to be within reach from your sun lounger or poolside table. A towel rack is a great space-saving solution that ensures dirty towels aren’t lying in the grass. You can also DIY a simple towel rack using a wine rack to keep your towels off the ground while drying.
- STABLE BASE: The hollow bottom of this towel tree is designed to be filled with water, so it will not easily blow over or tip in the wind or rain. Because you want your tree to be safe, sturdy, and secure.
- ADJUSTABLE BARS: Three arms can easily be configured to suit your unique needs. Adjust the bars to your preferred length to divide the towel weight, preventing tipping and ensuring all your towels dry...
- PORTABLE: When summer is over, easily take apart your tree and move it inside for convenient storage. And if you’re traveling, you can easily break down the rack and bring it along wherever you go. So...
A hanging organizer is perfect for storing sunscreen, sunglasses, other pool toys and floats, and any other small items you want to keep close. It keeps your accessories within reach while freeing up some space on the surface of the deck or near the pool area where it would normally be cluttered.
- The MESH TITAN is the original and only hanging outdoor storage pool toy organizer that can efficiently hold more pool inflatables than a 150 GALLON covered deck box
- HEAVY-DUTY, built to handle bigger and heavier floats. Expands to hold inflatable rafts up to 60" long, great for pool noodles, basketball storage, garage organization, deck and patios, up to 30 lbs
- CUSTOMIZABLE strap, buckle and integrated hook system allows easy mounting and removal on almost any fence, deck, gym or garage storage racks, and some above ground pool ledges
A poolside table is a perfect place to put your snacks, sunscreen, drinks, and other accessories. In addition, Poolside tables help keep the space around the pool clean and organized, so you don’t have to worry about there being a mess.
You can also use your poolside table for activities such as playing cards, having a snack or drink, and more. They’re bulky, though, so they will need a larger pool storage space. You can purchase one of the many beautiful pool tables available or DIY a simple table with a wooden box.
- Lightweight end table ideal for patio: 18.5 inches square x 16.75 inches tall; Weighs 4.2 pounds; 110-pound weight capacity; Tabletop: 16.5 inches square x 0.25 inches thick; Clearance from ground to...
- Includes 2 side tables: This product is a set of 2 tables; Perfect for creating a custom outdoor living area that works with your patio, deck, porch or other space outside
Pool Storage Bins
If you have extra poolside space, a pool storage bin is an excellent option for storing towels, toys, and pool noodles. For example, you can use a large storage bin to keep wet towels while using smaller bins for inflatables, balls, and floats. You can also place your towels on the table for additional poolside space before placing them in the larger storage bin or hanging organizer.
- MATERIAL:the high-quality brown PE rattan is smooth and has no burrs and will not hurt the skin.pneumatic rod supports for smooth opening and closing.
- DURABLE: Water resistant exterior and liner ensures both your outdoor storage box and your goods stay looking new.
- ALL WEATHER: Beautifully constructed all weather wicker storage box for indoor/outdoor, and in any setting,it's a perfect container for gardening tools, cushions, pool accessory,pillows.
Cabinet or Drawer
A cabinet or drawer is a space-saving option for items such as sunscreen, sunglasses, and kids pool toys. Putting these items in your cabana will free up additional pool deck space so you can stretch out and enjoy the summer sun without having to worry about where to put everything.
- SENSIBLE STORAGE: Preserves essential yard or patio space with smaller footprint.
- SLIM DESIGN: Safely store gardening supplies such as pots, bags of soil, long handled gardening tools and more.
- UNMATCHED DURABILITY: Tough, double-wall resin construction and an impact-resistant floor are designed for long-term durability. Shed won’t rust or rot providing weather-resistance all year long, unlike...
Hammock chairs are a great way to relax and enjoy the warm summer weather while keeping your pool accessories close by. They allow you to sit poolside yet off the deck’s surface, saving space and keeping all your accessories within reach. In addition, hammock chairs are perfect for keeping your sunglasses and sunscreen close by and any other pool toys such as balls or floats.
- Macrame Swing Hammock Chair.This stylish hammock chair is comfortable and durable. It can withstand a maximum weight of 320 pounds, and it is big enough to have enough space to relax and stretch and enjoy...
- Material.Cotton is hand-woven on a sturdy frame to enhance its robustness to ensure they are not torn or damaged. Light weight, free to move. Very safe, suitable for adults and children
- Sturdy and stylish design.hand-made bohemian chic hammock style swing, chic interlacing pattern and elegant draping tassels, plus arched backrest, combined with stylish and practical features, to provide...
Keep a large planter by the pool and fill it with towels, sunscreen, snacks, etc. A redwood planter is a great way to store all of your accessories while adding a decorative touch at the same time. Just fill the planter with towels and other items you want to keep close by, and voila! You have a space-saving solution for several pool accessories such as pool noodles, sunscreen, and towels.
- Ideal size for patio: 16 inches wide x 15.75 inches deep x 18 inches tall; Weighs 28.6 pounds; 14.25-inch inner width x 14-inch inner depth x 17-inch inner height; Planter box is perfect growing a variety...
Patio Table or Other Outdoor Furniture
Keep all of your pool toys within easy reach while freeing up some space by storing them inside a patio table or other outdoor furniture like a storage bench that’s close to the pool. A patio table is a great place to store backpacks, shoes, water guns, swim goggles, sunscreen, and more. Other outdoor furniture such as benches, end tables, coffee tables, and more can also be used to store your pool toys while keeping them close by when you’re ready to use them.
- Powder coated steel frame structure, rust-resistant. Perfect for outdoors, even coastal living. Space saving, easy to carry and storage.
- Premium Edition: Stylish design, wide and thick bars on the seat panel and back make it comfortable and strong. Plastic pieces on the each foot, keep your floor from scratching. Notice: You can contact...
- Heavy-duty construction yet light weight chairs can hold up to 330 lbs respectively.
A clean poolside and deck space is a must for every swimming pool owner. You want a clean area free from litter and debris so you can fully enjoy the warm summer weather while spending time with family and friends.
One way to keep your pool area clean is by using a garbage can to store all of your poolside stuff, such as swim toys, water guns, and floats. Place the garbage can on one corner of the pool or alongside your sun lounger to keep all of your items within reach.
- OUTDOOR PATIO TRASH CAN: Features a decorative wicker-style design for a stylish addition to your outdoor space
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: Lid is hinged for easy access and latches securely so garbage stays in the can
- CONVENIENT USE: Compatible with standard 30 gal. garbage bags for easy and convenient use
Mesh pockets are a great way to store your essential items while keeping them easily accessible. The mesh allows for airflow, so you don’t have to worry about mold or mildew when storing towels, sunscreen, trinkets, and other items in your poolside pocket. You can attach these pockets to the top rails of your pool or hang them on the side for a convenient way to keep all of your items within arm’s reach.
- Mesh shower caddy hanging quick dry sturdy mesh, rigid structure added in the middle so that it stay flat;
- Rotatable hanger, mesh toiletry caddy easy to hangs on the bathroom shower rod, hooks, curtain rod;
Lattice Side Table
If you have an above-ground pool, a lattice side table is perfect for storing all of your essentials while adding a nice touch to your poolside aesthetics. This is also great for storing toys, sunscreen, drinks, and other items you want close by. So keep the table stocked and enjoy an afternoon of outdoor fun with family and friends at your side.
- This side Table is a wonderful way to add some color to your patio. Featuring a Lattice design, this iron Table is both light weight and stylish. Move it around as much as you want when hosting and always...
- Includes: one (1) Table
- Dimensions: 19.75"D x 19.75"W x 17.75"H
A sandbox is another excellent option for storing your kids’ pool toys when they’re not in use. It keeps them clean, dry, and out of the way, so they’re readily available whenever your kids are ready to play. This is also perfect for storing pool floats or inflatables during the off-season. And you don’t have to worry about storms and wind moving toys into the pool. Simply cover it with a tarp, and you’re good to go.
- Shady canopy
- 2 plastic sand and water bins
- Large enough for children to play together
Pallet tables are a great way to keep your pool essentials close by and are more aesthetically pleasing than regular plastic or metal storage bins. You can use this to keep all of your pool toys, floats, and other items close by, so you don’t have to worry about looking for them when you are ready to use them. Place the pallet table against a wall and store all the pool noodles, floats, inflatables, and other toys you’ll need for a day of fun in the sun.
Plant Pot Holder
If you have extra outdoor space near your pool, a plant pot holder is a great way to add storage for your pool stuff while keeping your patio looking nice and clean. This is perfect for keeping all of your pool accessories close by so you don’t have to worry about losing items or having to leave your lounge chair. You can place this holder on the other side of your patio or near your outdoor dining table.
Plastic Bin With Wheels
For larger items like toys, floats, balls, and other playtime equipment, plastic bins with wheels are perfect for keeping everything close by. They are also great for storing pool cleaning equipment and large items like patio furniture covers during the off-season.
This is also great for keeping kids’ toys in one location when they’re not being used. The wheels make it easy to move around, and you don’t have to worry about heavy lifting. Simply roll them out of the way when they’re not in use.
Storage benches combine the functionality of a storage bin with the stylish look of an outdoor bench. They are outstanding additions to any backyard, perfect for keeping all of your pool accessories close by.
You can even store kids’ toys, balls, backpacks, and other items you want close by. This prevents kids from leaving their toys everywhere and keeps your backyard looking clean and organized. A storage bench also adds extra seating when your family and friends come over.
- VERSATILE OUTDOOR FURNITURE: Large storage bench is a great place to store outdoor patio furniture cushions, outdoor toys, pool accessories, and beach towels
- DUAL USAGE DESIGN: Versatile design acts as both a storage chest and a comfortable bench with a backrest
- CONVENIENT SEATING OPTION: Doubles as a comfortable bench seat for 2 to enjoy the nice and breezy summer days
If you have a massive, blank wall near your backyard pool, a cargo net is a perfect way to add storage while keeping it looking nice and clean. In addition, you can use this for pool toys, floats, and other equipment when they aren’t in use.
Cargo nets are also great for keeping shovels, rakes, and other pool cleaning equipment during the off-season. They’re easy to install, and you can get them at any local hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot.
Simply gather some outdoor-grade hooks, place them along the wall, and hook the cargo net to them for an instant pool storage solution. Ensure you space out the hooks to easily retrieve pool stuff when you need to use them.
A ceiling rack is excellent for keeping pool toys off the ground and stored in one place. This keeps everything organized when not in use and allows kids to easily go in, grab their toys, and play without asking an adult to get their toys for them. Ceiling racks are great as they also double as storage for other things like garden tools.
A hose holder is perfect for storing your pool cleaning equipment. This keeps everything in one place for easy access and prevents your pool equipment from getting damaged all year round. You can attach it to the side of a wall, fence, or house and keep all pool cleaning tools like skimmers, nets, and brushes in one location.
- Flexible hose holder can be hung over wooden or iron fencing up to 1 3/8-inch deep or mount to any hard surface (hardware not included)
- The specially designed large hose hook allows for multiple winding rotations of pool vacuum hose or garden hose, keeping the hose bundled neat and tidy
- The flexible plastic material allows for give to best accommodate large or heavier objects; a great addition to your pool tool organizer or garden tool organizer
DIY Pool Cabinet
Do you have an extra unused cabinet in the garage? You can transform it into a pool storage cabinet for storing toys and towels. To maximize the storage, attach hooks to the sides for hanging pool noodles, floats, and towels. Paint a bright color that matches your backyard décor.
If you have extra poolside space, there are several creative ways to use it for extra pool storage. This helps keep your backyard looking nice and organized, prevents kids from leaving their toys everywhere, and keeps pool toys within easy reach. They also add extra seating when you have friends and family over for a barbecue. With this guide, you can transform your backyard space into a multi-functional area that is both stylish and practical.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2022-11-26