Home swimming pools need not always be simple and only for reserved swimming. You can add numerous things to improve your pool’s aesthetic and make it a statement interior décor piece. Pool fountains make for compelling and fun accessories to enhance the overall style game of your pool.
These can serve as centerpieces of your pool as they add a classy edge to your larger space. Furthermore, you’d be surprised to know; they can offer you much more than aesthetic appeal.
A key benefit pool-owners can enjoy by installing pool fountains include cooling and water circulations. And there are more, which we shall discuss in detail as you read on.
Also, in this comprehensive article, we plan on reviewing some of the best pool fountains available on the market. So, please keep reading and get ready to install some lively action in your pool.
The 5 Best Pool Fountains
Let’s dive right into the list of the five best pool fountains.
1. Poolmaster Swimming Pool and Spa Waterfall Fountain
- Water feature and décor for most in-ground pools (check fitting size)
- Fully adjustable water spray height and direction; instructional video on this page shows how to quickly adjust
- Fits most 1.5-inch threaded return fittings, please check your pool’s fitting for compatibility
- Add beauty and serenity to your pool, will also help to cool pool temperature during hot summers
- Easy to install; please watch installation video on this page for tips and troubleshooting
This fountain is the best for various reasons. Firstly, it is perfect for both above-ground and in-ground pools.
Plus, it comes with a fully adjustable spray height and direction. This fountain is constructed using only high-quality materials.
- Easy installation
- Adjustable spray height and direction
- Suitable for both in-ground and above ground
- Fair Price
- Sometimes it doesn’t stay in position
2. Splash-A-Round Pools Waterfall Spray Pool Fountain
- Uses existing pool pump (3/4 hp or larger required) to operate
- Works off of existing standard 1-1/2" threaded return fittings
- Installs in 5 minutes
- Will not work on Intex Brand Pools
- Adds a relaxing ambiance to your pool environment
This fountain is an excellent product that is powered by an existing pool pump to operate. Also, it offers various benefits to your pool, including a relaxing ambiance.
It is also straightforward to install this product in your existing pools or new pools. Also, it is one of the most durable brands.
- Easy to install
- Highly durable
- Powered existing pool pump
- Pricing is low
- Will not work with Intex brand pools
3. Magic Pool Fountain With Multi-Color LED Bulb
- Pool Jet Fountain Light: Shake up your pool time routine day or night with this stylish above ground and inground pool fountain, paired with multicolor LED pool lights
- Pool Light Fountain Ambiance: Provides calming water sounds, visual appeal, and a colorful pool light show for an ideal outdoor addition whether you want to chill out or party
- Easy Install: Pool light and fountain are powered by your pool jet with no batteries or electricity required; Installs in seconds with the included simple instructions
- Water Light Show Bulb: Includes 1 LED Magic color pool light that changes every 5 seconds; Above ground pool light lasts about 2,000 hours for you to enjoy season after season
Next up in this review, we have the Magic Pool fountain. It is one of the best fountains available in the market for numerous reasons.
Some of them include an easy installation process and bright LED bulbs. This fountain is water-powered by a pool jet. Therefore, the magic pool fountain requires no electricity.
- Multicolor LED bulbs
- Easy installation within seconds
- Lights require no batteries
- Quite Expensive
- Durable underwater light-up pool fountain: the GAME underwater light show pool fountain is a durable and long-lasting Device that delivers fun and festive décor for an above- or inground pool.
- 8 combinations of fountain and light modes: this floating in-pool lights set features 8 combinations of lights and fountain modes that are all controlled from an on/off switch on the unit itself.
- Convenient auto shut-off: The GAME LED underwater lights comes with a convenient automatic shut-off System that takes effect after one hour of use. This extends the unit’s lifespan and is great for...
- Lasts up to 3 hours on a full charge: Our underwater light show pool fountain can operate for up to 3 hours on a full charge. This system is rechargeable and requires no additional batteries.
- Extended range: the battery-powered color LED lights have a range of up to 15 feet, while the fountain can spray up to 3. 5 feet high. The range may vary based on the pool size, color, and depth.
- Power Source Type: Battery Powered
If you are looking for a fountain that offers an amazing underwater light show for party vibes, this can be the perfect choice to purchase. The fountain delivers festive décor to your backyard for in-ground as well as above-ground pools.
This fountain comes with underwater lights that have a convenient automatic shut-off system. Also, the fountain can spray up to 3 to 3.5 feet high.
- Extended battery life
- Automatic shut-off system after one hour of use
- Eight combinations of fountain and light modes
- Highly durable
- Expensive product
5. Swimline Blossom Triple Tier Floating Fountain
- Cascading 3-tier floating fountain
- Adjustable spray height from 7 ft. to 16 ft.
- Includes fountain head, fountain base, flexible plumbing kit, and anchor
- Easy installation
- Use this fountain indoors or out
Finally, we have Swimline Blossom Triple Tier Floating Fountain. This can be an excellent addition to your backyard pool with a three-tier water fountain.
It also offers easy installation as it includes a flexible plumbing kit and an anchor. Also, it provides an adjustable spray height of about 7 to 16 feet.
- Includes plumbing kit
- Perfect for indoor as well as outdoor
- Available in various styles
- Wide range of adjustable height
- Comparatively less durable
What Are Pool Fountains?
Pool fountains are a fantastic accessory to add to your swimming pool. It is an ornamental feature with a long narrow stream of water forced into the air.
The fountains use plumbing from both in-ground and above-ground pool pumps. If you install a pool fountain in your pool, it can provide a Zen-like effect to the pool area.
Also, it will reduce the ambient noise, which can provide you with a calming sense. You can also relax and enjoy the lovely view it offers.
Swimming Pool Fountain Types
There are various types of pool fountains available in the market. Therefore, you can choose the pool fountain type that suits what you need.
We have mentioned some of the common types of fountains:
Floating Pool Fountain
A floating fountain rests on the pool surface and sprays water from the pool pump. It includes a series of spouts that scan spray water from different sides. Also, you can create a multi-tiered effect.
With this type of fountain, you can customize the effects as well. A floating pool fountain is weighed down or anchored to prevent them from floating away.
These types of fountains attach to the pool’s edge and shoot water across the pool. This type can give the effect of playing under a waterfall which can be a perfect choice for swimming under the summer sun.
Additionally, you can customize this by choosing the steadiness of stream, choice of mist, and coordinated spray. Generally, families with kids prefer these fountains to add a touch of amusement to swimming.
Spillovers are one of the most common types of pool fountains. In this type, the water will flow from a higher point to a lower point.
You can chill out and relax as you watch the waterfall into the pool. Also, it gives a resort-like touch to your pool.
A Light-Up fountain is an excellent way to make your pool flashy and give your pool a party vibe. The lights will create blasts of colorful water across your pool.
You can customize the colors and their patterns at different times. Also, you can even have a remote control to play with the colors as you like. The lighting will look incredibly brilliant at night.
Benefits of Swimming Pool Fountains
Fountains come with a wide range of benefits, apart from their aesthetic appeal. Below are some of the most important advantages:
Pool Fountains Cool Your Pool
Pool fountains are an excellent way to cool off on hot days. Pool water can warm up, especially during summertime; therefore, you may not be able to enjoy swimming for long.
However, adding a pool fountain can cool your pool water down. It does so by improving the aeration of the water. Furthermore, you can bring down the water temperature by 2 to 3 degrees if you run the fountain long enough.
Swimming Pool Water Circulation
Pools contain various chemicals to prevent the growth of algae and other organisms. However, the chemicals can sometimes fail to do their work if they are not properly distributed. Further, pool fountains can help in water circulation.
The fountain can move the water from the filtration system and across the pool. This process will prevent the stagnation of water and, therefore, the growth of bacteria or algae.
Pool fountains not only look stunning in your backyard, but they also can be soothing. As humans, we feel relaxed when we see the ebb and flow of ocean waves, running rivers, and waterfalls. As the fountain mimics nature’s way of flowing, it can affect the human mind.
Hence, it can help in relieving your stress. Also, several studies reveal that water sound can reduce stress and its symptoms in people.
They Are Fun
Why do you need any other reason if it is simply fun? Swimming is one thing, but splashing around with friends and family is another. You can have extremely fun swimming in a pool with a fountain.
Also, you can see the beautiful rainbow forming as the water flows into the water from the air. Seeing these beautiful things as you swim can be extremely fun!
Fun and Functional Fountain Features
There is a wide range of fun and functional fountain features. Some of them can illuminate your pool, while some others can create wonder in your backyard. Here are some of them:
Water wall: A pool fountain is fixed behind a decorative wall near the pool from which the water spills out.
Rain Curtain: A pool fountain is attached to a wall or a wide sheet to offer a narrow stream of water.
Underwater Light Show: You can add specialized devices that can illuminate the pool from under the water.
Pool Jets: Pool jets will improve water circulation and aeration to prevent algae growth.
Mist: You can have fog and misting systems to create a blanket of mist, and it cools the water.
How to Install a Pool Water Fountain?
Installing pool fountains on your own can be quite challenging. However, if you have enough knowledge and the right equipment, you can go ahead with it.
Nonetheless, we advise you to call a professional for installation. However, you can help them with designs and ideas to look how you want it.
Here are some steps to help you understand the installing process:
Step 1: Unpack the kit and assemble them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Step 2: Dig the area for the structure and set the piece in its position.
Step 3: Connect the right pipe to the pumps and run the motorized pump.
Step 4: Now, it is ready to run, and you can install some lights for more entertainment.
FAQs About Pool Fountains
What Is the Best Pool Fountain?
Poolmaster Swimming Pool And Spa Waterfall Fountain are the best pool fountains. It is one of the best choices for pool owners for the various reasons mentioned in the above review.
Can You Add a Fountain to an Existing Pool?
Absolutely yes! You can upgrade your existing pool with a fountain. They can be the perfect choice to drown out unnecessary sound while you enjoy swimming.
Are Fountains Good for Pools?
Yes, a pool fountain is exceptionally good for pools. Especially when you swim in your pools during the hot summers, it can considerably bring down the water temperature.
How Do You Make a Pool Fountain?
You can make a pool fountain with an electric pump and some plugs. However, we advise you to use commercially made fountains to ensure maximum efficiency and durability.
Final Notes on Pool Fountains
A pool fountain can accentuate your already beautiful pool, especially if they are ground swimming pools. Also, you can add some extra light effects and more to make it more dazzling at night.
Additionally, your pool will become cooler and hence, better. So, all you have to do is purchase pool fountains and install them to make your pool even more interesting and enjoyable.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2024-02-24