Every spa cover lifter is not the same. There is a wide variety of spa cover lifters available on the market, so choosing one that fits your needs the best can be a hassle. To help with that choice, we have researched and picked out the best hot tub cover lifter models, which will fulfill all your needs.
Choosing the right one is important as it makes sure your tub is clean and saves on your electricity bill by insulating the tub’s heat. With the right kind of hot tub lifters, you can even make handling and operating it easier.
The less time you have to worry about your hot tub’s maintenance the more you can enjoy relaxing and enjoying the benefits of your hot tub. So we hope these hot tub cover lift reviews help make your buying process easy!
Related Article: 10 Best Hot Tub Covers
The Best Hot Tub Cover Lifter Options
1. Blue Wave Low Mount Spa Cover Lift
- Makes lifting your spa cover easy
- Constructed of high quality powder-coated steel
- Fits most square & rectangular spas up to 8 ft wide with radius corners
- Won't rust or corrode over time
First on the list, this affordable spa cover lifter is perfect if you want to lift your cover easily. Its simple design makes its manual pivot, located at ground level, provide trouble-free use. The design is also not sore on the eyes, having a sleek black color. In addition, the lifter will not obstruct the view of your spa, as you can fold the spa cover at the rear of your tub. Furthermore, the quality of the lifter is also excellent as it is made of corrosion-resistant powder-coated steel.
The only drawback of this product is that it can only be used with a rectangular or square hot tub. In addition, it would only work with tubs that are under 8 feet wide. It also requires space for the storage of the cover- about 4 feet will be needed.
- Made of rust-free, high-quality steel
- Very convenient and easy to use
- Has a one year of warranty
- Only meant for rectangular hot tubs
- The maximum width is 8 feet
2. UltraLift Under Mount Spa Cover Lift
- Under Mount Spa Brackets
- Fits Spas up to 109"
- Fits Radius up to 16"
- Requires 16" of clearance behind the spa.
Next, we have the Ultralift under-mount cover, which is a manual cover lifter. This lifter is made so that the brackets are mounted under the tub, which will preserve the look of your tub. It is also easy to install as it does not require the drilling of holes in your deck. Along with this, it is simple to use, as it makes opening and closing the tub easy – one person can operate it without any hassle.
Made of aluminum, it is very durable and resists corrosion. It works with tubs up to 109″ and only requires 16″ of extra clearance for storage., whereas the mounts themselves only take up 5″ at the sides of the tub.
- Mounts will attach under the tub
- It can be used for tubs up to 109″ in width
- Requires only 16″ of clearance at the rear of the spa
- It does not require any drilling to install
- Very easy to install and use
- It can only be installed when the tub is empty
3. Puri Tech Cover Lifts Pivot Top Mount Hot Tub Cover Lift
This cover lifter is made of strong material, which ensures durability, whereas its plastic brackets make it waterproof. It also has double-coated aluminum bars and stainless steel hardware that are corrosion resistant.
This cover fits hot tubs up to 96 inches and requires 15 inches of clearance space at the back of the tub and 5 inches on each side for installation.
Using this product is very easy: all you need to do is fold the cover on top of the center bar, then you use the padded handle to roll it over. It also comes with a three-hook towel holder, which can be used while in the tub.
- Easy to operate and use
- It can fit with a wide variety of hot tubs
- Extremely durable and rust-free
- Has padded handles for comfortable use
- It comes with a three hook holder attached
- Requires 15 inches of clearance space behind the hot tub
4. MySpaCover Hydraulic Cover Lifter
- 【Convenient & Safe Storage】: Undermount design works with all spas and hot tubs. Hydraulic lift makes taking off and putting on the spa cover effortless.
- 【Heavy Duty & Easy to Assemble】: Made with high quality powder coated aluminum. Simple to set up and easy to use cover lifter. Complete installation within minutes with little drilling.
- 【Distinctive Design】: It’s unique design allows for installation on a variety of spa shapes and sizes including round, octagonal, and spas with large radius or cut corners. Best fit for square and...
- 【Product Note】:Irregular size and shape hot tubs may not be applicable with universal spa lifters. Must have access to underside of hot tub for under mount design to operate and have 32 inch to 42 inch...
Next, we have the first hydraulic lifter on the list. Its hydraulic lift gives the most effortless operation as there is no need to use any manual power. This cover lifter can be used on any straight-sided hot tub or spa, and its installation is very easy, takes minutes, and requires no drilling into your deck.
Made of the highest quality coated aluminum, it is corrosion-resistant and durable, and therefore, the product will last its customers many years.
It can fits spas that are above ground and of a regular shape. Similarly, it fits tubs up to 96 inches and requires 18 inches of storage space at the back of the hot tub.
- Hydraulic lift makes use of effortless
- Installation is easy and requires no drilling
- Works with any kind of straight-sided tubs
- Made of durable material that is corrosion resistant
- Under-mount design
- Only fits square or rectangular, above-ground tubs
- Access to the underside of the spa is needed
5. Cover Caddy Cover Valet Hot Tub Spa Cover Lifter
- New undermount-cabinet design works with all spas. Nothing to attach to your spa cabinet.
- Gas spring assisted for effortless one person spa cover removal
- Complete installation within minutes.
- XL spacers included for spa covers with 6ö - 4ö tapers
- Features an industry leading five year MFG warranty
This cover lifter uses a gas spring to make its use extremely easy. It is a universal cover lifter that works with any spa between 30 and 40 inches tall, and it’s made of coated aluminum which makes it corrosion resistant and durable.
Installing the lifter is also easy, as it works with an under the mount that gives it a polished look.
Customers enjoy a unique feature it offers- you can choose to either open or lift the cover. As a result, the cover can be stored beside the tub when not being used.
- Made of durable and high-quality material
- Adjustable storage- you can choose to raise or lower the cover
- A universal cover lifter that works well with any type of hot tub
- Offers convenient cover storage at the back of the hot tub
- Not suitable for very heavy hot tubs
- Requires some maintenance of nuts and bolts
6. Hot Tub Spa Cover Lift & Storage Caddy Heavy-Duty Top Lifter and Valet
- Effortlessly remove or replace cover
- Adjustable to fit 6' to 8' wide and 26" to 39" high
- Pre-assembled for simple installation
- Heavy-duty steel-constructed lift
- Footplate is designed to slide under the spa without drilling
This spa cover lifter makes use of the hot tub extremely easily, as it uses a hydraulic lift; this makes removal of the cover effortless. In addition, it is affordable but also uses very high-quality material.
Made of double-coated steel, it is extremely durable and does not corrode. So while it may be heavier than the usual aluminum variations, it is also more sturdy.
Installing this lifter is simple, as it has a side-under plate and does not require you to drill any holes. It is also designed so that no stress is put on the cover hinge. This is a particularly good feature as it keeps your cover from wear and tear.
- Easy installation that requires no drilling
- Universal spa cover
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Hydraulic lift makes cover removal effortless
- Will not rip the spa cover
- Heavier than most cover lifters
7. SpaEase 150 Under Mount Hot Tub Cover Lift
- Does not require drilling into your hot tub
- Under-spa plates are held securely in place by the weight of the spa (plates measure 8.75x8.75")
- When folded down, the cover stores neatly on the side of spa to provide a full view
- Depending on the spa setup the cover may require the spa to be emptied and lifted to install
- Heavy Duty Steel Zinc-Plated and Powder Coated Finish
Last, we have this spa cover lifter that uses under mounts to operate. Installing the lifter requires no drilling as the mounts are kept in place with the tub’s weight. The plates measure 8.75×8.75 feet and can be used on spas up to 96 inches wide. Additionally, it can be used on any hot tub shape, but the hot tub must be above ground.
The product is extremely durable as it is made from powder-coated aluminum and zinc-plated steel. Similarly, it works by folding down and storing your cover beside your spa.
The only downside is that installation may be difficult, requiring the tub to be emptied and lifted at times.
- No drilling required during installation
- Under-spa plates are held in place by the weight of the tub
- Made of durable and corrosion-resistant double-coated, zinc-plated steel
- Cover stores on either beside the hot tub when not in use
- The hot tub needs to be empty while installing
- The hot tub may need to be lifter to install
8. CoverMate Easy Spa and Hot Tub Cover Lift
- No moving parts and no unsightly chains
- Only 20 inches of clearance is needed
- UV resistant, nylon catch straps
- Made of larger aluminum tubing to reduce twisting and torquing
Second on the list, we have another affordable option that works for any straight-sided tub. Its design has no moving parts and requires only 20 inches of clearance space. Not only is operating the lifter extremely simple, but it is also easy to install. So you won’t need any specialized tools to install it.
Its design is also pleasing to the eye, having no chains that would look untidy. Instead, it is made with aluminum tubing and UV-resistant nylon, which makes it lightweight and comfortable to handle.
The issue people face with this product is that it requires mounting brackets. If these brackets are not there, it won’t operate properly.
- It can be used on any straight-sided hot tub
- UV resistant nylon straps are provided
- Rust-resistant aluminum tubes are used
- The tubes will not twist or torque
- It does not work with round spas
- Requires rear-mounted brackets
9. Smart Spa Supply Cover Lift One Side Mounted Hot Tub Lift- Black
- Easy Installation - Mounts to the side of your spa, fits most hot tubs up to 96" and max corner radius of 12"
- Long Life Construction - Made with double coated aluminum tubing, stainless steel hardware, and reinforced plastic brackets for extended life.
- Easy to Use - Padded handle and full length center bar makes operation easy.
- Added Features - 3 Hook towel holder on the side of the lift for easy access to your towels after hot tub use.
Third, we have this lifter which has easy fold and roll handling. This manual cover lifter uses pivot and rollers to easily tuck away the hot tub cover. Made of polycarbonate and fiberglass, the roller is top quality and will not rust or wear. It is also extremely lightweight, making its use effortless.
Similarly, the hardware mechanisms are made of coated aluminum tubing and stainless steel, which give it a long life. It also has a padded handle, which makes using it comfortable. Additionally, this product also has a 5-year warranty.
Its installation is also very easy and works for any rectangular tub up to 96″. The lifter operates on a side mount, and it has an added feature of a three hook holder, which lets you easily access your towels after getting out of the hot tub.
However, it does require half the width of your cover as space at the back of the tub to store your cover safely.
- Comfortable handle for pivot lifting
- Easy to install and operate
- Made of long-lasting, rust-free, and corrosion-resistant material
- It comes with a towel holder
- Come with a 5-year warranty
- Only works with above ground, square or rectangular tubs
Types of Spa Cover Lifters
There are two main kinds of spa cover lifters to choose from. So depending on your requirements and budget, you can pick between them.
Manual lifters are the most affordable option. However, they require some effort, as you will have to use them to remove the cover yourself every time you use the hot tub. They usually have metal bars that go across the tub and a place to store the cover.
For these models, the side of your hot tub is an important factor. In addition, they need to fit the spa and have enough clearance space for the mechanisms and storage. That being said, many models are available that cater to different user needs.
Hydraulic lifters have a hefty price tag, but they are far easier to use, as no manual work is involved.
They are generally made from very durable and water-resistant material. In addition, many have warranties that ensure you can use them for years. As a result, you won’t need a replacement spa cover too often.
There are many options available with hydraulic lifters that will fit with your hot tub and match its colors.
Spa lifting can be tricky, but choosing one can be a breeze if you know your needs. Here are some considerations that must be made when choosing the best hot tub cover for you.
Most Cover lifters are quite durable, but a higher price will ensure longer use; they usually range from $100 to $250. Alternatively, cheaper ones are also usually quite simple and easy to install. Just make sure to keep in mind that buying the right one will mean saving on what you pay for heat.
Additionally, the type of lifter you want will affect the cost as well. As earlier mentioned, hydraulic lifters are much more expensive than manual ones.
There are different kinds of mount types available in the market. So depending on your needs and the shape of the tub, you can pick the best one.
You also get to choose between side mounts, under mounts, and hydraulic mounts. Your choice will basically depend on the clearance space required and whether you want to preserve the look of your hot tub.
Most types of lifters work well with above-ground tubs. However, all manual lifters need a few feet of clearance height to operate.
Unless you have a very large tub, the size is not a major concern. Most lifters work well with tubs up to 96 inches wide. However, if you have a very big hot tub, you might need a swim spa cover lifter or two cover lifters.
The shape of your hot tub is important when choosing a cover lifter. Rectangular spas are the easiest as there are many options available. If your hot tub is round or in any other irregular shape, you will have to choose more carefully.
Spa Cover Lifter FAQs
What Is a Spa Cover Lifter?
A spa cover lifter is used to open and close your hot tub easily. It basically removes and stores the cover while the tub is in use and makes the process easier, as lifting the cover manually can be tiresome and difficult.
What Is the Best Spa Cover Lifter?
The best cover for you will depend on your needs and the specifics of your hot tub. However, people do enjoy hydraulic lifters as they last years, and their use is effortless.
Are Our Hot Tub Cover Lifters Worth It?
Hot tub cover lifters are worth it if you can make your hot tub covers lift effortlessly since bulky covers are difficult to handle and store. Bad weather like snow or rain can also make lifting the cover burdensome. Similarly, lifters provide an easy way to do the task, store your cover in a secure space, and ensure that your cover does not get damaged and need replacing.
How Much Does a Hot Tub Cover Lifter Cost?
A hot tub cover lifter usually costs between $100 to $250. Additionally, hydraulic lifters are more expensive than manual ones, but their durability means they are more cost-effective in the long run and would require less effort from you.
Do I Need A Hot Tub Cover?
It’s recommended that you cover your hot tub to prevent the water from turning green!
Should I Get a Spa Cover Lifter?
We can all agree that having a spa cover lifter would make taking a relaxing dip much easier and faster. With the options we have laid out, you can now choose one that fits your needs the best.
In addition, by spending some money on a cover lifter, you will end up saving on both your electricity bill and your time.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2023-12-04