Robotic pool cleaners are becoming more and more popular. As time goes on, these models are being made more affordable, and they are beneficial when it comes to keeping your pool clean. How nice would it be to press a button on a remote and have your pool vacuum itself? Not only can robotic pool cleaners save money they can also save your time and frustration.
Although the number of manufacturers making robotic pool cleaners is limited, there are many different models on the market. We have gathered the top ten best robotic pool cleaners for you to take a look at and some of the best tips for purchasing the right one.
The Best Robotic Pool Cleaners
1. Best Overall Robotic Pool Cleaner: Dolphin Premier
- Drop and go. Easy to use, single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools up to 50 feet; backed by a 3 year quality assurance.
- CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool coverage. Anti-tangle patented swivel cable allows your Dolphin to move around your pool with ease.
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris leaving your swimming pool floor, walls and waterline exceptionally clean in 3 hours.
- Multiple filter options for an optimal clean pool. The Premier comes standard with three filter options: bottom-load fine cartridge filters, ultra-fine cartridge filters, and an oversized fine filter bag.
- Cleaning made convenient. Set the Premier’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. The full filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to...
Dolphin makes several automatic cleaners for pools, but the Dolphin Premier stands out as the best overall choice. This is one of their newest and best-selling models, and it easily wins our top spot as the best overall robotic pool cleaner. Once you have this model setup, you simply drop it in your pool, and you won’t have to waste your time cleaning.
The power supply on the Dolphin Premier is through a separate outlet, so you don’t have to worry about wear and tear on your pool pump like traditional pool vacuums. There are dual scrubbing brushes that do a great job on the tile line of the pool. Your entire swimming pool will look brand new in about three hours.
You will pay a bit more money for a Dolphin Premier, but for larger pools and those that need to save time, this is by far the best choice on the market.
- Large filter bag picks up a good amount of debris
- Will have no trouble climbing pool surfaces
- Powerful dual scrubbing brushes
- Initial setup and learning the filtration system can take a bit of time
2. Best Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner: Dolphin Nautilus CC
- Sit back and relax while the Dolphin Nautilus CC robotic vacuum cleans the pool for you. Ideal for small swimming pools, above or in-ground up to 33 feet. This easy to use, compact cleaner will have your...
- Efficiency is key when it comes to pool cleaning. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are 8 times more energy efficient and do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done. Ditch the...
- Dolphin does all the hard work for you. Agile and efficient, the Nautilus CC was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly. With superior scrubbing and filtering capabilities, you can relax knowing your...
- Clean your pool with the touch of a button. Schedule the Nautilus CC to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day
- With more than 35 years of cleaning the world’s residential swimming pools, Dolphins provide pool owners with a hassle-free cleaning solution of unmatched performance and longevity. Get back to what...
Although Dolphin Premier wins our top spot, it is not the best fit for all pool owners. If you are a person that has a bit of a tighter budget when it comes to pool cleaning, the Nautilus CC is going to be a better choice. This model will work on pools up to 35 feet long, and it does a tremendous job of handling your pool cleaning needs.
The Dolphin Nautilus CC is one of the more affordable Dolphin models on the market. The cleaning cycle can be set in three different ways on the Dolphin Nautilus. You should have no trouble with these robotic pool cleaners climbing walls. Overall this is a smart choice that will save you some money as well.
- Priced better than other Dolphin Robotic cleaners
- Picks up a large amount of debris
- Does a nice job of climbing walls
- Not for the largest pools
3. Best Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaner: Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- AUTO POOL CLEANER: The 9550 Sport 4WD provides best-in-class performance and 5 cleaning modes.
- IN GROUND: Compatible with in ground swimming pools up to 60 ft.
- POLARIS: For more than 40 years, Polaris has been known worldwide for its quality and best-in-class automatic pool cleaners.
- PREMIUM CLEANING PERFORMANCE: The 4WD robotic pool cleaner featuring motion-sensing handheld remote, Easy Lift System, dirty canister indicator, and Vortex Vacuum technology for best-in-class cleaning...
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Comes equipped with a 70ft cable w/ tangle-reducing swivel, an extra-large 5L debris canister, and a handheld remote control. Premium caddy included.
Polaris makes some of the best suction-side pool cleaners on the market. However, that is not where they stop. Polaris has many different types of pool cleaners to choose from, including the F9550 Sport Robotic. This particular model features four-wheel drive, and it helps make sure that it can climb walls with ease.
The rear water propulsion system makes sure that you can get debris out from behind ladders or the pool’s steps. In beach entry pools, having a four-wheel drive is a great benefit. In addition, you will also get a programmable timer and remote control with this model. Overall it’s an efficient and easy-to-use system.
- Comes with a long cable, can be used in a large pool
- Filter bag is a good size
- Has no trouble traveling the pool floor
- Heavy to lift in and out of the pool
4. Best For Above Ground Pool: Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- Delivers unmatched performance in an above-ground cleaner at an unthinkable cost.
- No messy bags! Large and in charge oversized debris cartridge holds up to 60% more debris.
- Hypergrip Continuous Tracks - leaves wheels cleaners in its wake!
- SmartNav 2.0 Robotic Scanning. Only 14 lbs. Energy Efficient 24 Volt DC motors. Two year warranty.
One of the great things about having an above-ground pool is that you can buy smaller and less expensive pool equipment to use in your pool. The Dolphin Escape Robotic above-ground pool cleaner is a great choice for those that need help keeping an above-ground pool cleaner.
We love the debris compartment on the Dolphin escape as it does a great job of holding a large amount of debris, and it is quite easy to empty and clean as well. There are dual scrubbing brushes on the Dolphin Escape so that you can be sure that algae never has the chance to start growing. If you want to use your above-ground pool more this summer and stop spending all your time cleaning it, this is a perfect model to choose.
- Easy to clean and empty
- Only weighs fourteen pounds
- Energy efficient
- May not pick up small debris until you put the ultra-fine filters in place
5. Best For Inground Pool: Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
- CLEANS IN 3 HOURS: Powered by a separate Polaris booster pump, dual venturi jets create strong vacuum power to reliably clean any in ground pool in 3 hours or less.
- FOR IN-GROUND POOLS: Safe for all pool shapes and surfaces including vinyl, fiberglass, gunite, pebble, & tile.
- Complete Coverage: The Vac Sweep 280 moves fluidly as it sweeps & scrubs the floor and walls of your pool- while its large 2.25" inlet picks up large debris other cleaner types can't.
- CAPTURES LARGE DEBRIS: The pressure cleaner is equipped with a single chamber filter bag that captures small and large debris such as leaves, acorns, pebbles, and more.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Polaris Vac Sweep 280 Pressure-Side Pool Cleaner, 31-feet of feed hose, & single chamber filter bag for capturing all types of common pool debris
We find the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 to be one of the most well-built automatic pool cleaners for an inground pool. With double jets, the Vac-Sweep can clean quickly, usually within 3 hours, depending don’t the size of your pool. It vacuums and scrubs all pool surfaces to remove large debris like leaves and rocks.
The Polaris Vac-Sweep’s filter bag collects debris before reaching its filter, lengthening the life of its filtration system. Overall this is one of the best robotic pool cleaners when it comes to quality build and longevity.
- One of the higher quality robot pool cleaners
- Filtration system is powerful
- Quick cleaning
- Not a great choice for above ground pools
6. Best Robotic Pool Cleaner With Remote Control: 9650IQ Polaris Sport Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with App Remote Control, Extra Large Filter Canister
- INTELLIGENT POOL CLEANER: Wherever you are, whenever you want -- clean your pool easily with the iAquaLink app. Comes WiFi ready and many options within the Polaris app that allow your pool to be cleaned,...
- IN GROUND: Compatible with in ground swimming pools up to 60 ft.
- MOBILE APP & WiFi: With a built-in WiFi connection that enables iAquaLink app control, the power to start or stop your pool cleaner is never further away than your phone.
- PREMIUM CLEANING PERFORMANCE: 4-Wheel Drive - climbs over obstacles and won’t get stuck. Low-torque watertight swivel keeps cable from tangling during operation.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Comes equipped with a 70ft cable w/ tangle-reducing swivel and an extra-large 5L debris canister. Premium caddy included.
Having a remote control with your robotic pool cleaner can ensure that you get the best cleaning coverage on the market. Sometimes as great as a robotic pool cleaner is, it will leave debris in certain areas of the pool. If you have remote and Wi-Fi access, you can easily direct the cleaner to a different area of the pool to pick up debris.
In addition to having a remote, the Polaris 965OIQ has a Vortex Vacuum Technology that picks up all the debris that it comes across. In addition, the tangle swivel cable makes sure that your vacuum is not stuck in one area tangled in its own cord. This is a smart choice and has really great suction power.
- Large canister
- Dual blade brush to loosen dirt and then scrub the area clean
- Wi-Fi App to help you set cleaning mode and get the vacuum where it needs to be
- Must be somewhat tech-savvy to work with a pool cleaning device like this
7. Best Robotic Pool Cleaner For Large Debris: DOLPHIN Triton PS Robotic Pool [Vacuum] Cleaner – Ideal for In-Ground Swimming Pools up to 50 Feet
- Hand off your pool cleaning duties for good! With the Dolphin Triton PS robotic vacuum cleaner, your pool will be left clean and ready for splashing fun in just 2 hours. Ideal for in-ground pools up to 50...
- Built to deliver a deep clean. The Triton PS is powerfully nimble on vertical surfaces for intense wall and waterline scrubbing. With superior filtering capabilities, dirt and debris can't hide from this...
- Sustainably designed and energy efficient. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are independent cleaning machines that do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done. Extend the life...
- Say, “hello” to your newfound free time. Schedule the Triton PS to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. Pool cleaning has...
- With more than 35 years of cleaning the world’s residential swimming pools, Dolphins provide pool owners with a hassle-free cleaning solution of unmatched performance and longevity. Get back to what...
Depending on the location of your pool in your yard, you may end up with some large debris, not the bottom. Large debris like leaves and even small sticks can become a problem for many robotic cleaners. You will need a robot pool cleaner that has a large top basket like this Dolphin Triton PS.
In about two hours’ time, your entire pool will be cleaned along the line, the bottom, and the walls as well. We find the Dolphin Triton to be very efficient, and it will climb walls with ease. Overall the settings and functionality of any robotic pool cleaner by Dolphin will stand out from the rest.
- Scrubbing brushes are powerful
- Impressive cleaning coverage
- Energy efficient model
- This model is a bit heavier than some of the others on the market
8. Best Lightweight Robotic Pool Cleaner: AIPER SMART Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, Strong Suction with 2pcs Upgraded Motors
- Refurished: This pre-owned product has been professionally inspected, tested and cleaned.
- Surface: Product works and looks like very good. There will be no visible cosmetic imperfections when held at an arm’s length.
- Accessory: Accessories are original, compatible and fully functional. Product may come in generic box. Some boxes may have not manuel instructions, but we will send electronic versions.
- Guarantee:This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 30days of receipt if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- What You Get: Aiper Robotic Pool Cleaner, 220V Power Adapter, Flipper, Retrieving Hook, 2 Bottom Scraper, 2 Screws, and our worry-free 3-month Garantee.
When trying to lift a robotic pool cleaner out of the pool, you will have to make sure that you have a little bit of strength. These robotic pool cleaners need to be heavy enough to stay near the bottom of the pool and climb pool walls. If they are too lightweight, they will have trouble getting enough traction.
The Aiper Smart Cordless weighs only six pounds, and it comes with a powerful motor and strong suction. We would recommend this model for a smaller pool. One of the best features of this model is that it will stop on the pool wall when the battery gets low. This way, you know you will always be able to pull the robotic pool cleaner out with ease.
- Compact and easy to use
- Charges in 3-4 hours
- Weighs only 6.6 pounds
- Not the best choice for a very large pool
- Won’t have options for different cleaning modes
9. Best Robotic Pool Cleaner For Large Pool: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
- Save time and get back to enjoying your pool. The Dolphin pool vacuum cleaner’s wall-climbing capabilities ensure the ultimate clean by climbing your pool walls and scanning the pool bottom with the...
- The Dolphin robotic pool cleaner’s easy-access and powerful top-load filters make it simple to maintain. The Nautilus CC Plus’s strategically designed filtering technology captures the debris you...
- With the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus pool cleaner plug-and-play system, just plug it in and drop it into the pool for hassle-free maintenance. The Dolphin pool vacuum is completely independent — no external...
- The Dolphin pool vacuum’s active dual-brush capabilities actively clean the pool floor and walls in only two hours. While the scrubbing brushes are tough on dirt, they’re gentle on your pool.
- Dolphin pool cleaners have been effortlessly cleaning the world’s pools for over 35 years, empowering pool owners with hassle-free pool maintenance solutions. With unmatched performance, durability, and...
With the Dolphin Nautilus CC being one of the best pool cleaners on the market, it probably comes as no surprise that they make this in more than one model. The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is built for the inground pool up to fifty feet long. Clearly, with a pool that large, you need a dependable robotic pool cleaner.
With the efficiency of the Nautilus, even your large pool will be clean in about two hours. The Nautilus CC Plus can be scheduled to be cleaned every day, every other day, or every third day. If you need to leave it in the pool when you go away, when you come home, your pool floor should be perfect.
This model has dual scrubbing brushes and can filter even very fine particles across the entire pool. You will enjoy everything about having a Dolphin pool cleaner.
- Cleans entire pool in two hours
- Can handle larger debris and fine particles
- Smart features to help it sense where it needs to go
- Dolphin pool cleaners typically cost a bit more money
10. Best Value Robotic Pool Cleaner: AIPER Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 【Upgraded Powerful Suction】With the powerful dual-drive motors(50 watts), Seagull 1000 pool cleaner can effortlessly traverse the pool bottom at a speed of 52.5 ft/16 mtrs a minute. The large capacity...
- 【Larger Cleaning Range】With a upgraded larger filter volume (3.9L), the pool cleaner is perfect for ABOVE GROUND POOLS up to 35ft diameter, IN-GROUND POOLS with the flat floors up to 17*50 feet and can...
- 【Cordless & Hassle-free】We pioneer in cordless robotic pool cleaner! With the Aiper Pool Vacuum's 100% cord-free design, Seagull 1000 robotic pool cleaner is completely hassle-free and does not require...
- 【Low Battery Detection & Self-parking Technology】With inbuilt Self-parking technology, Seagull 1000 robotic pool cleaner will park near the pool wall when the battery is low or after completing a...
- As the pioneer in cordless robotic pool vacuums, Aiper adheres to using our expertise to provide pool owners with a hassle-free, smart and simple pool cleaning solution. Comes with a 1-year warranty and...
If you have stuck with us this long, you have likely learned that robotic pool cleaners are not cheap. These are the most expensive type of pool cleaners you can purchase for your pool. Therefore finding something that is priced fairly can often be quite hard. With the AIPER Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner, you get a fairly priced piece of pool equipment with plenty of functionality.
This model is battery operated and only weighs 11.5 pounds. You can take it in and out of the pool with ease. Not having a cord to deal with is a benefit for most pools. Overall you will lose some of the functionality when it comes to fine dirt that you get with the premium cleaners, but this is a good choice for the money.
- More bang for your buck than other pool vacuums
- One of the more lightweight robotic pool cleaners
- Easy to charge back up, no cord to deal with
- Not as powerful for a larger pool
- Can’t climb walls
What Is a Robotic Pool Cleaner?
A robotic pool cleaner is an electric pool cleaner that works on its own to keep your pool clean. The unique thing about robotic pool cleaners is that they are a self-contained model. You won’t have to attach this to your pool filter or pump. Simply plug it in, and you are ready to go.
Robotic pool cleaners are quite popular because they typically have smart technology to help them work efficiently and quickly. You will never have to spend your time standing on your pool deck cleaning when you have these in place.
Robotic Pool Cleaner vs. Suction-Side Pool Cleaner vs. Pressure-Side Pool Cleaner
Many people wonder how a robotic pool cleaner is different than an automatic pool cleaner. A robotic pool cleaner is not going to work in conjunction with your pool pump and filter. Suction-side or pressure-side pool cleaners get their power from your pool pump. They will work to move the vacuum through the pool and up the walls. Some of these models will also send the debris through your current pool filtration system, where you will have to empty it.
With the robotic pool cleaners, you simply empty the debris from the canister or filter bag when you are finished with your pool vacuuming that day.
How Does a Robotic Pool Cleaner Work?
A robotic pool cleaner works completely separate from your current pool filtration and cleaning system. With a robotic pool cleaner, you will plug the unit in, drop it in the pool and allow it to pick up its own debris. Using various technologies, a robotic pool cleaner will propel itself around the pool, pick up debris and scrub all at the same time.
Pros and Cons of Robotic Pool Cleaners
Some people have purchased robotic pool cleaners and have never looked back. Others are wondering if the robotic pool cleaner was really the best choice for them. It helps to understand both the positives and negatives before you make your final purchase.
Pros of Robotic Pool Cleaners
- Saves wear and tear on the pool filter and pump.
- It Will help you complete pool maintenance without you even having to be home
- Most models are energy efficient.
- It can be purchased for both inground and above ground pools
- Circulates pool water while it works
- Offers impressive scrubbing power
- Easy to use and makes cleaning the pool much easier
Cons of Robotic Pool Cleaners
- It costs more money than traditional pool vacuums
- Can clog up quickly
- Won’t grab anything that is floating in the water
- The cable can get tangled
- Need to occasionally take precautions that it is not jammed up or the wheels have issues
Considerations Before Buying a Robotic Pool Cleaner
Before you purchase your robotic pool cleaner, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. These are typically large investments, and the last thing you want to do is purchase the wrong one.
Size of Pool
A robotic pool cleaner comes with a cable that is designed to work for a specific length pool. In addition, if your pool is larger, the area where debris is collected will be quite a bit larger. If you don’t measure your pool properly, you will have difficulty getting your pool vacuum to work properly.
Price of Unit
Robotic pool vacuums can range from a few hundred dollars to well over $1000. The price of the unit will have to make sense for your budget. The more smart features you ask for, the more it is going to cost you. If you can still do a bit of the work yourself and pick up areas that the vacuum missed, you will save a bit of money.
Type of Pool
Above-ground pools and inground pools typically need different size robotic pool cleaners. The above-ground pools get the better end of the deal as they will be able to go with a smaller and less expensive pool cleaner.
Battery or Power
There are two basic types of robotic pool cleaners. Some are battery-powered and will need to be charged, and others are power units. The power-operated models are usually more expensive and reliable. The battery-operated models will save you some trouble with dealing with the cord, but you will also have to wait several hours to charge the model up to see if it will work. IF you don’t have the time or have a large pool that requires a lot of cleaning, battery power is not the smartest choice.
Features to Look For in the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners
When you try and choose a traditional pool vacuum, you will see that the options are quite simple. However, when it comes to robotic pool vacuums, things get a bit more complicated. Here are a few of the things you should look for when it comes to the features of a great vacuum. Your budget may not allow for all of these features, and that is fine; just try to get as many as you can.
Lighter In Weight
There is a fine line between a robotic pool cleaner that is too lightweight and one that is too heavy. They must have weight so that they can climb and get traction, but they also must be lightweight so you can easily pull them in and out of the pool.
A swivel cord is what allows the vacuum to move around the pool freely without getting tangled in any way. The tangling of the cord is extremely frustrating and can cause your pool vacuum to travel around in circles, sometimes for hours at a time. A swivel cord will help to fix this.
Four Wheel Drive
The four-wheel-drive capabilities help to ensure the vacuum can climb the walls of your pool. If you have a beach entry pool or a pool with a deep end, this is even more important. The cleaner will have to make it up these slopes as well as the walls of your pool.
Brush Pattern & Design
A brush pattern that will help you keep your pool clean and algae-free is essential. If your pool brushes are not cleaning the walls of the pool properly, you will end up having to do it all manually. This just adds more time to your day.
The smart sensing features essentially let your robotic pool cleaner plan a route around your pool. It will look at the overall space and develop a plan to clean all of it properly. This is obviously rather advanced technology, and it is important to consider this, especially with larger irregular-shaped inground pools.
Can you program the pool vacuum to run every few days or for an hour a day? These options are available on the higher-end robotic pool vacuums. If you find something that has these features, take advantage of them.
When you switch to a robotic pool cleaner, you will almost always save quite a bit of electricity. The savings is because you won’t need to be running your booster pump and your pool filter while running this vacuum. If you want to ensure that this robotic pool vacuum doesn’t add any cost to your pool cleaning, look for the most energy-efficient models.
As we have mentioned, a robotic pool cleaner is not the cheapest purchase you will make for your pool. You are going to want to ensure that you get as many years as you can from your pool cleaner. Most people will take very good care of the cleaner to ensure that it lasts for five or more years.
Many robotic pool cleaners come with a docking station. You are going to want this as a safe place to store the unit while it charges. Docking stations cost quite a bit of money when they are purchased separately, so it is best to get one right from the start. The docking stations typically have wheels that allow you to move your robotic pool cleaner around with ease.
How to Use a Robotic Pool Vacuum
A robotic pool vacuum is actually quite simple to use. If you are a new pool owner, it will be easier to use your robotic pool vacuum than suction side pool cleaners or even a traditional pool vacuum. Since the robotic pool vacuums run completely separate from the pool filter and pump, you simply need an outlet to get yourself set up to use the vacuum.
Make sure that you are only using the recommend cord that came with your robotic pool vacuum. Do not try and extend this cord with a traditional extension cord as it is not made for being used underwater.
Attach the cord to your robotic pool vacuum, plug it in and set the vacuum in the water. Most current robotic pool cleaners have smart sensing systems. This means that they will tell the machine exactly what to do without you having to do much.
Depending on the type of robotic pool vacuum that you purchase, you will also have some programming that you can do. Some of these cleaners allow you to leave them in the pool, and they will run on their own every day or so. If your vacuum does not have this functionality, simply pull it in and out after each use.
Robotic Pool Cleaner Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks
Sometimes robotic pool cleaners run into some problems. Many of these have to do with the type of individual robotic pool cleaner that you purchase.
- Ensure that the unit is properly plugged in or that the battery is fully charged; if this is not working, look to see if the power cord or the outlet has any damage
- It is a good idea to periodically check the brushes and drive tracks to ensure that nothing is stuck where it shouldn’t be; sometimes, a pinecone, acorn, or group of leaves could be causing the robotic pool cleaner to get stuck
- Check to make sure the suction is still good; sometimes suction will go with an automatic pool cleaner, and you will have to replace certain internal parts
- The cord is known to cause the unit to continually go in the same path or pattern, ensure that this cord is not tangled and that it is stored properly this will help the cleaner get all areas of the pool
- If your pool cleaner is not getting certain areas or won’t climb the wall, see if it has a way to be reset or programmed so that it will reach these areas; if not, use the remote control to guide it to where it needs to be in your pool
Robotic Pool Cleaner FAQ
Now that you have a better idea of some of the best robotic pool cleaners on the market, here are a few questions that pool owners tend to ask about these devices. Robotic pool cleaners are a great addition to your pool maintenance routine, but it helps to understand how they work and how long they last.
What Is the Best Robotic Pool Cleaner?
The Dolphin Nautilus tends to be one of the best robotic pool cleaners on the market. There are actually several Dolphin models that stand out among the crowd. With automatic pool cleaners, you won’t have quite as many brands to choose from as you do with traditional pool cleaners. Keep an eye out for Dolphin and Polaris as two of the better names.
Are Robotic Pool Cleaners Worth It?
Robotic pool cleaners are worth it if you are having a hard time keeping your pool clean and swimmable. If you find that you don’t have the time to give your pool the attention it deserves, a robotic pool cleaner is worth it. Also, if you are paying a company to come in and clean your pool, chances are a robotic pool cleaner would be the cheaper choice.
How Often Should I Use My Robotic Pool Cleaner?
Some of the best robotic pool cleaners will come with programmable settings where you can set the cleaner to run every day, every other day, or every third day. You will have to see how often your pool floor gets dirty and determine your timing based on this. Most homeowners are going to use the cleaner every other day or every two days; this seems to be a good frequency.
Can You Leave the Robotic Pool Cleaner in the Pool?
You can leave a robotic pool cleaner in the pool, and many people do. However, we do recommend that you take it out from time to time. Although these cleaners are high quality and designed to work well in the water, they will deteriorate faster if you leave them in the pool at all times.
How Do You Maintain a Robotic Pool Cleaner?
Always make sure that you completely empty the filter basket or filter bag after each use. In addition, ensure that there is no debris left anywhere in the cleaner itself. For instance, if a twig or a rock gets in the unit, it could cause damage. We recommend tuning up your robotic pool cleaner each year by following the direction that you got with the manual.
How Long Do Robotic Pool Cleaners Last?
With robotic pool cleaners, you can expect to get about five years of use before you need a replacement. Some people who really work their pool cleaners hard will only get three or four years, and others may get it to last eight or nine years. Planning on five when you are determining the value of your vacuum is a good place to start.
Recap: Best Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Premier stands out as the best overall robotic pool cleaner on the market. After learning how robotic pool cleaners work and why they can be a smart decision for your filter and pool pump, hopefully, you found a great choice on this list. A robotic pool cleaner can be a big investment; however, when you do make this investment, the fact that you will save time and potentially money on cleaning your pool will make the purchase well worth it.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2023-02-07