A great pool cleaner can make your life quite a bit easier. Knowing that your pool is clean and ready for swimmers will make things quite a bit easier on you. One of the top names for pool cleaners is Dolphin. This brand offers a wide range of products known for being durable, offering a wide range of features, and doing an amazing job of keeping the pool clean.
The only difficult thing about the dolphin pool vacuums is trying to narrow down the one that is best for you. With all of these options on the market, we have put together the best Dolphin pool vacuums for your home.
The Best Dolphin Pool Cleaner Reviews
1. Best Overall: Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner with Powerful Dual Scrubbing Brushes and Multiple Filter Options
- Drop and go. Easy to use, single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools up to 50 feet; backed by a 3 year quality assurance.
- CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool coverage. Anti-tangle patented swivel cable allows your Dolphin to move around your pool with ease.
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris leaving your swimming pool floor, walls and waterline exceptionally clean in 3 hours.
- Multiple filter options for an optimal clean pool. The Premier comes standard with three filter options: bottom-load fine cartridge filters, ultra-fine cartridge filters, and an oversized fine filter bag.
- Cleaning made convenient. Set the Premier’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. The full filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to...
The best overall Dolphin robotic pool cleaners are the Dolphin Premier. This is a simple model that is always ready to clean and has the features that all homeowners need from a great pool vacuum. In addition, this particular model will work on pools up to 50 feet long.
The CleverClean system that the Dolphin Premier feature is a very high end advanced technology system. The vacuum will essentially learn what it has to do to keep your pool clean. This is especially important for those that have a large or odd-shaped swimming pool.
This Dolphin Premier is equipped with ultra-fine filters to ensure that even the tiniest particles are taken care of. Even if your pool is on the large side, these robotic pool cleaners can have everything ready to go in about three hours.
With an anti-tangle cable and multiple filter options, this is a very convenient and easy to use robotic pool cleaner. This cleaner even tells you when it is time to clean the filter.
- Highly efficient robotic pool cleaner
- Comes with three different filter options
- convenient and easy to grab handle
- Smart technology keeps the vacuum on track
- Priced higher than the Dolphin CC Nautilus series
2. Best Value Dolphin Pool Cleaner: Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Sit back and relax while the Dolphin Nautilus CC robotic vacuum cleans the pool for you. Ideal for small swimming pools, above or in-ground up to 33 feet. This easy to use, compact cleaner will have your...
- Efficiency is key when it comes to pool cleaning. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are 8x more energy efficient and do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done. Ditch the...
- Dolphin does all the hard work for you. Agile and efficient, the Nautilus CC was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly. With superior scrubbing and filtering capabilities, you can relax knowing your...
- Clean your pool with the touch of a button. Schedule the Nautilus CC to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day.
The Dolphin Nautilus CC is one of the best selling options from Dolphin. If you are worried about spending too much money on a pool cleaner, this Nautilis CC gives you quite a bit of performance for the price. This is a model that will do best in a smaller pool up to about 33 feet.
You can purchase the Nautilis CC with or without a caddy. The caddy simply gives you a good place to store the caddy and then transport it from one location to the next. This is one of the Nautilus robotic pool cleaners, so you can put it in the pool, and it will not interfere with your pool filter system in any way. The Nautilus CC is known for energy efficiency and simplicity.
This particular model has plenty of scrubbing ability, settings to make it turn on every few days, and great climbing ability. This is one of those robotic pool cleaners that truly does what it is designed to do.
- Good for in-ground pools and above ground pools
- Priced fairly for being a robotic pool cleaners
- Have the choice to purchase with or without the caddy
- Not for very large swimming pools
3. Best for Above Ground Pool: Dolphin e10 Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
If you have an above-ground pool, you are in luck. The robotic pool cleaners for above ground pools typically tend to be quite a bit less money but just as efficient. The Dolphin e10 is a great choice for the above ground pool.
This is a robotic pool cleaner, so you will not have to tie it in with the pool’s filter system. You can simply drop the Dolphin e10 in the pool when it is time to use it. This particular robotic pool cleaner has a basket that will fill up and allow you to empty it when it is filled. The ultra-fine filter makes sure that even tiny leaves and debris will be picked up.
On the bottom of the e10 Automatic robotic pool cleaner, you will notice the scrubbing brushes that help to keep algae and bacteria off the walls and waterline. The Dolphin e10 does a great job of completing a cleaning cycle using less energy than many other robotic cleaners on the market.
- Fair price for automatic pool cleaner
- Specifically designed to work on above ground swimming pools
- Will not put extra stress on the pools filtration system
- Robotic Pool Clean Filter tends to fill up rather quickly
4. Best Premium: DOLPHIN Sigma Robotic Pool Cleaner with Bluetooth and Massive Top-Load Cartridge Filters
- Hassle-free clean. Easy-to-use, robotic pool cleaner equipped with an anti-tangling swivel cable, allowing Sigma to move freely around large residential pools up to 50 feet with ease. Backed by a 3 year...
- No messy bags to clean. Massive top-loading cartridge filters captures and traps fine and ultra-fine debris for an optimal clean swimming pool.
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes thoroughly and efficiently attacks tough contaminants removing algae and bacteria from floor, walls and waterline for a deep clean in 2.5 hours.
- Just say when. Set Sigma’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you- daily, 2x per week, or 3x per week. Connect your Sigma to your smartphone using Bluetooth to spot clean when needed.
- Smart Navigation. Advanced navigation and scanning software ensures your pool is cleaned using the most efficient route without letting obstacles get in the way.
If you want the best of the best when it comes to Dolphin robotic pool cleaners, then the Sigma Robotic is a great choice to consider. With this robotic pool cleaner, you will get top of the line technology, tangle-free cords, and a very large top-loading cartridge filter. The Dolphin Sigma will have both a find and an ultrafine filtration system.
If you have a very large pool, performance tends to be an issue. The debris bag tends to fill, and then the robotic pool cleaners have a hard time navigating their way around the pool. If you own a Dolphin Sigma, you will not have this issue. This model will keep the pool floor spotless, even if you have a 50-foot long swimming pool.
Along the bottom of the Dolphin Sigma, you will see powerful dual scrubbing brushes. These brushes are going to remove algae and bacteria from the walls and waterline as well. You will have your pool clean in a matter of 2.5 hours.
For the ultimate in programmability, performance, and filtration, the Dolphin is the ultimate choice for a robotic cleaner.
- Smart navigation system
- Superior cleaning performance
- Easy to empty
- Tangle free cords
- Very efficient
- One of the most expensive robotic pool cleaners
5. Best For Dirty Pools: Dolphin Triton PS Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Extra-Large Filter Basket
- Hand off your pool cleaning duties for good! With the Triton PS, your pool will be left clean and ready for splashing fun in just 2 hours. Ideal for pools up to 50 feet, sit back and relax while Dolphin...
- Built to deliver a deep clean. The Triton PS is powerfully nimble on vertical surfaces for intense wall and waterline scrubbing. With superior filtering capabilities, dirt and debris can't hide from this...
- Sustainably designed and energy efficient. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are independent cleaning machines that do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done. Extend the life...
- Say, “hello” to your newfound free time. Schedule the Triton PS to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. Pool cleaning has...
There are quite a few positives involved with adding a robotic pool cleaner to your home. You will find that it is considerably easier to keep the pool floor clean; however, you still have to pay attention to the cleaner. Robotic pool cleaners tend to fill up rather quickly, and they will need to be emptied quite often. For pools that are located under a tree or around bushes, this is a bit frustrating.
If you are a pool owner that is constantly trying to keep your pool clean, the Dolphin Triton PS is a great choice. The Triton PS has a very large filter basket. You should be able to get through a cleaning without having to dump the filter out. This particular model is also quite a bit more powerful than other robotic pool cleaners.
You can use the Triton PS on both large and small pools, and you will have the same cleaning cycle settings you get with other top Dolphin robotic pool cleaners. We noticed that the Dolphin Triton had no trouble climbing the walls of pools to do superior scrubbing.
- Powerful, durable and efficient
- Will work on pools up to 50 feet
- Superior cleaning performance
- Not as easy to lift out of the pool
6. Best for High Tech Pool Owner: DOLPHIN Nautilus CC Supreme WiFi Operated Robotic Pool [Vacuum] Cleaner
- This bundle includes the Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme robotic vacuum and universal caddy. Ideal for swimming pools up to 50 feet, this robot takes the manual work out of pool cleaning. The universal caddy...
- Interactive pool cleaning. This premium cleaner is WiFi connected so you can set advanced cleaning schedules, choose between cleaning cycles, set a delay start, and spot clean using the MyDolphin Plus app...
- Triple threat cleaning action Equipped with powerful motors, three scrubbing brushes, and superior filtering capabilities, the Nautilus CC Supreme pushes the limits of pool cleaning. This next level robot...
- Stress free storage. The universal caddy provides a proper storage solution and keeps the pressure off the scrubbing brushes, allowing them to maintain their form. It also provides a secure place to hold...
Most people enjoy a robotic pool vacuum because it is efficient, easy, and quick to setup. However, if you are a high-tech person that likes all the best technology features on your vacuum, then the Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme is the way to go. This is a robotic pool cleaner with dual scrubbing brushes, advanced filtration, and even Wifi capability.
You can control anything that your pool needs with the use of the Dolphin Nautilus app. Therefore if there is an area of your pool that needs extra attention, you can use the app to make sure that you can spot clean certain areas. This premium cleaner will cost quite a bit more than other models, yet the cost to run the filter is very fair, and the model is extremely energy efficient.
In addition to the ability to control from your phone, you can also choose different types of cleaning processes. For instance, you can spot clean, quick clean, floor only, or do a standard clean. If you need an extra clean or have an issue with algae starting to develop, you may try the enhanced clean.
This robotic pool vacuum is truly for the pool owner that needs a clean pool every day. This model works hard, communicates with you, and continues to perform year after year. If you have the money to spend and you enjoy technology, this Nautilus CC Supreme is the way to go.
- Easy to use, even with the extra technology
- Ultra fine filter
- Lots of high-end features and cleaning performance
- Wifi enabled for use with an app
- Purchasing the Nautilus CC Supreme with Caddy and Cover is very expensive
7. Best For Waterline Issues: Dolphin Quantum
- Cleaning made convenient. Easy-to-use, light weight in-ground robotic pool cleaner with a weekly scheduler so you can set your Dolphin to automatically clean for you- every day, every other day, or every...
- Cleans with ease. Anti-tangling swivel technology allows the Quantum to move freely around large residential pools up to 50 feet for an uninterrupted hassle-free clean.
- Hugs and scrubs your pool’s walls. PowerStream mobility provides a constant grip on vertical surfaces for intense wall and waterline scrubbing, removing tough, stuck-on-dirt for an exceptionally clean...
- Fine and ultra-fine filters for superior filtration. Extra-large top loading filter basket traps leaves, dirt and even small debris you can’t see, leaving your pool sparkling clean in a quick 2 hours
As you have probably noticed, each of the Dolphin robotic pool vacuums has its own specialty or feature. With the Dolphin Quantum, the waterline scrubbing ability is going to be what makes this vacuum stand out. You will see the rubber tracks and scrubbing brushes that are on this Quantum. These do wonders to a pool with dirty walls or waterline issues.
When it comes to the cord on the Quantum, you will get the same anti-tangle technology that gives it 50 feet of room to run without anything holding it back. When it comes to the different automatic pool cleaners, this is one of the more fairly priced options on the market. You won’t have to worry about its power or ability to climb and scrub.
The top basket on the Quantum is quite large and will keep homeowners from having to pull debris out every few minutes. This type of pool vacuum is designed to keep the pool floor and pool walls completely clean. The ultra-fine filter cartridges will also remove small debris from the water as it moves around the pool.
- Very energy efficient
- Helps to remove debris from the pool floor
- Fair pricing for a robotic pool cleaner
- Does a great job scrubbing the walls
- Does not have Wifi capabilities
What Is a Dolphin Pool Cleaner?
A Dolphin pool cleaner is a brand of pool cleaners that are robotic. The robotic pool cleaners have lots of high-end features, and they don’t put any pressure on your current pool or pump system. Dolphin makes a wide range of these pool cleaners, and they are known for being durable and doing a great job of cleaning up the pool. We are impressed with the ultra-fine filters and how much the Dolphin pool cleaners can remove. A robotic pool cleaner is a big investment, and it makes sense to do a bit of research before deciding on the model for your pool.
How Dolphin Pool Cleaners Work
Dolphin pool cleaners are like pool robots. You plug these robots into an outlet near the pool, and the anti tangle water safe cord will allow the vacuum to swim and climb its way around your pool. The vacuum has a filtration system and a vacuum bag that will fill up as it works its way around the pool. Unlike other pool vacuum cleaners, the Dolphin does not need the current pool filter to keep the vacuum moving. The electricity and internal motor keep the Dolphin pool cleaners going.
Pros and Cons of a Dolphin Pool Vacuum
There are lots of great things about owning a robotic pool cleaner. You will find that although they cost quite a bit of money, they bring a lot of value to a pool owner. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of a Dolphin pool vacuum.
Pros of a Dolphin Pool Vacuum
- The vacuums are highly efficient and therefore cheaper to run than a traditional pool vacuum
- Many of the dolphin pool vacuums are going to have a smart sensing technology that allows the vacuum to know its way around the pool
- Most are programmable to be set to run automatically; people will not forget to turn their vacuum on and run it
- Even pools up to 50 feet can use a robotic pool vacuum
- The internal motor tends to be rather powerful and will help the vacuum climb up walls
- There is no additional wear and tear to the pools internal systems, no extra run time on your pump or filter
- Filtration system and filter cartridges are excellent and will pick up even the smallest debris
- Tend to work quite well regardless of the shape of your pool
- Simple setup that most pool owners will easily be able to do
Cons of a Dolphin Pool Vacuum
- Dolphin pool vacuums tend to be quite expensive
- If you don’t purchase the carrying cart, they can be a bit heavy to transport
- More pool equipment to store and maintain
Considerations When Buying a Dolphin Pool Cleaner
When purchasing a Dolphin pool vacuum, there are a few things that you must consider. All of the models offer some impressive technology, but they are not all the same. Here are a few of the things that you must consider before deciding on the best model for you.
Above Ground or In-Ground Pool
When you choose a Dolphin robotic pool vacuum, you will need to get something specifically built for your type of pool. Most of these robotic pool cleaners do very well regardless of the pool’s shape, yet the size does matter.
Some of the Dolphin pool vacuums are built smaller in size, and they won’t be able to clean a large swimming pool. In addition, the length of the cord may not be enough to stretch across your entire pool. Make sure you consider the size of the pool when you purchase a Dolphin vacuum.
You may have noticed that some of the Dolphin robotic pool vacuums are sold with a caddy. The caddy is used to help transport the vacuum from one area of the pool to another. This is because the vacuums tend to be a bit heavy. Some come with a handle on the top, and others do not.
IF you don’t have the ability to lift something 15-20 pounds, make sure you are careful about the vacuum you choose. Remember, you will be reaching into the pool and pulling this out, which can sometimes be a bit difficult.
Most of the Dolphin pool vacuums will range in price from $500 to close to $2000. The number of features that the robotic cleaners have will certainly impact the number you pay for them. The options for larger pools or have Wifi capabilities are certainly going to be higher in price.
The higher priced vacuums also tend to have a few more options when it comes to customizing the performance of the vacuum. If you want to be able to set it to run every other day or change the way the filtration works, you will pay quite a bit more.
Caddy or No Caddy
Most of the dolphin robot cleaners are sold without a caddy. You can add one on to help you keep the vacuum in a safe spot and easily transport it from one location to the next. The caddy is certainly optional, but it is a nice way to store the cord and keep things organized.
Features to Look for in a Dolphin Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin pool vacuum cleaners are some of the best on the market. One of the main reasons they are so well known is because of the broad range of features that they offer. Here are a few to look for when you are purchasing your next robotic pool cleaner.
Tangle Free Cord
With the larger Dolphin pool cleaners, there will be about 50 feet of cord. If the cord gets tangled, the vacuum will not be able to reach all ready of the pool. This is why you will want to look for the tangle free cord. This will allow the vacuum to cover the entire pool, and you won’t have to babysit it when you are away from home.
Some pools have a harder time than others when it comes to algae and waterlines. If you know that your pool needs to be scrubbed often, choose a model that has a durable scrubbing pattern. Some of the Dolphin pool cleaners have a better scrubbing pattern than others.
The filters on some of the Dolphin robotic cleaners can be changed. This means that you can decide if you want to pick up larger or smaller particles with each pass of the filter. Choose something that will work for your needs when it comes to the type of debris that you find in your pool.
WiFi technology allows you to control the robotic cleaner from your phone. This is a really nice benefit, especially for an odd-shaped pool. If certain areas always tend to get dirty, you can use the remote portion to clean a certain spot. The Wifi technology gives you much more versatility with your pool cleaner, but it does come at a cost.
Overall a robotic pool cleaner is much more energy-efficient than a traditional pool cleaner. You will likely save quite a bit of money on energy costs when using one of these. However, the larger the model, the more energy it will likely use. Ensure that you get something that you know you can run quite often, without it raising your electricity bill.
How to Use a Dolphin Pool Vacuum
Perhaps one of the best selling points of a dolphin robotic pool vacuum is the fact that it is easy to use. It’s important to follow the specific directions of the model you purchase; however, most are going to be the same.
Plug your vacuum into an outlet near the pool. Only use the cord that comes with your robotic pool vacuum. Check to make sure that the filter is clean before you place the vacuum in the pool. Most of the Dolphin Pool vacuums have smart sensing technology, and they will be able to create a plan for cleaning the pool soon after you place them in the pool.
Always keep an eye on the filter indicator light. As soon as the filter needs to be cleaned, it’s important to do so. It’s a good idea to keep pool toys and floats out of the pool when your vacuum is running. These are going to get in the way and lead to disruptions in the pattern of the robot.
Other Tips for Dolphin Pool Cleaners
- Keep an eye on the filter and make sure that it is clean before putting it in the pool
- Periodically check on the function of the brushes to make sure they can move freely
- If you are going to be out of town, program the vacuum to work while you are away; you can set to every other day or every second-day pattern
- You will likely need another small pool vacuum for spot cleaning your pool at times
- If the vacuum is moving slow, check to make sure that none of the bearings are starting to wear down
- Try not to always store your pool cleaner in the pool; taking it out from time to time to check on functionality and give it a break is a good idea
- If the ultra fine filters are not picking up debris the way they used to, you may need to replace just the filter
- Robotic pool cleaners sometimes tend to miss certain areas of the pool; see if there is a reset button on your Dolphin or a way to program the Smart Sensing technology
Dolphin Pool Cleaner FAQ
Now that we have given you everything you could possibly need to know about the Dolphin pool cleaners let’s look into some frequently asked questions about these models.
Which Dolphin Pool Cleaner Is Best?
The Dolphin Premier is the best Dolphin robotic pool cleaner. With this model, you get a really good mix of functionality, features, and fair pricing. The Dolphin Premier has essential anything you could ever need from a robotic pool cleaner, and it is built to last for many years. Having the ability to change out filters, program, and easily lift this model out of the pool makes it a perfect choice for any pool owner’s home.
What Is the Newest Dolphin Pool Cleaner?
The Dolphin Sigma is the latest Dolphin pool cleaner. With this model, you get lightweight technology and performance and a pool cleaner that climbs the walls with ease.
How Much Is a Dolphin Pool Cleaner?
A dolphin pool cleaner can range in price anywhere from $500 to $1800. Depending on the features you are looking for and the size of your pool, the price will change. Dolphin pool cleaners are considered premium and expensive; however, that is standard for robotic pool cleaners.
How Long Do Dolphin Pool Cleaners Last?
On average, a Dolphin pool cleaner will last about six years. This is typically about how long it takes before the individual components start to break down. You will find that the more you use the vacuum, the shorter the lifespan.
Are Dolphin Robot Pool Cleaners Any Good?
Dolphin pool cleaners are considered to be some of the best pool cleaners on the market. They have all of the features necessary to keep your pool completely clean without you having to intervene. We are continually impressed with the technology that Dolphin brings to the table with their robotic pool cleaners.
Can I Leave My Dolphin Pool Cleaner in the Pool?
It is safe to leave your Dolphin pool cleaner in the pool; however, we don’t recommend leaving it in for extended periods of time. If you know you will clean your pool on Monday and Wednesday, and the vacuum happens to stay in the pool for a night or two, that is fine.
However, it is not recommended to leave your vacuum in the pool for the entire season. The exposure to the water and chemicals will cause the vacuum to break down quite a bit sooner.
Can a Dolphin Pool Cleaner Work in a Pond or Hot Tub?
We do not recommend using a Dolphin pool cleaner in a pond or a hot tub. This product is not intended for use in a space this small, and it will not be effective.
Recap: Dolphin Pool Vacuum for Your Pool
The Dolphin robotic pool cleaners are known as being some of the highest performing and high-quality cleaners on the market. There are so many good options it can be a bit difficult to narrow them down. We hope we have helped you find a match for your pool. If you are having trouble deciding, the Dolphin Premier is the best overall choice. It has everything you could need to keep your pool clean and will work in almost any size or shape pool. Although Dolphin robotic pool cleaners may seem expensive, the longevity and durability make them a smart purchase.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2021-10-23