With their jet sprays and water circulations, hot tubs offer a relaxing and massage-like experience. Suppose you want to have a hot tub in your outdoor space, but might want to increase the level of privacy. The best way to do that is to invest in a hot tub gazebo.
Hot tub gazebos have gained popularity in the USA since the 19th century. It increases your privacy levels and helps you have the best outdoor experience all year round. A gazebo is typically a structure that completely or partially surrounds the hot tub, to give a sense of safety and discreteness, to help you relax and enjoy outdoor living.
If you are looking to buy a hot tub gazebo for your backyard, you might get overwhelmed by the options available. So to make it easier for you, we have curated a list of the best hot tub gazebos for your backyard. Moreover, we have chalked out what a hot tub gazebo is and the various types it comes in, to help make your buying decision easier.
The 12 Best Hot Tub Gazebos
The right gazebos will be the perfect enclosure for your hot tub. Not only will it protect your hot tub from the elements of weather, but it will also ensure your privacy is not compromised. So, read through our top recommended hot tub gazebos and choose the one that will fit in your outdoor space the best.
1. Coleman Screened Canopy Tent With Instant Setup
- Portable screened shelter offers protection from the sun, wind, and bugs
- Sets up in 3 minutes in just 3 steps
- Made of durable Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric with UVGuard 50+ UPF sun protection
- 2 large doors for easy access in the front and at the back
- Included easy-pull wheeled carry bag fits inside most cars
The Coleman screened canopy tent is easy to assemble and is made of nylon. It is a partially open hot tub gazebo that closes with a zipper. The portable screened shelter will offer you protection from sun, wind, and bugs.
You can install the Coleman screened canopy tent in 3 minutes using three steps. Moreover, it has two large doors for easy access to your hot tub.
• Easy installation
• UV guard
• Durable materials
• Easy access
• Not waterproof
2. Quictent Privacy 8×8 Ez Pop up Canopy Tent
- ✅ [BREATHABLE & VISIBLE WINDOW]: This 8 x 8 pop up canopy features mesh windows, which let fresh air and light in as well as provide essential protection from mosquitoes. The canopy tent with sidewalls...
- ✅[WATER RESISTANT & SUN PROTECTION]: The pop up canopy tent sidewalls and canopy top are made with high-quality 420D Oxford fabric and premium UV coating. This pop up canopy tent with sidewalls is...
- ✅ [SPACIOUS & COMFORTABLE]: With a size of 8x8 feet, this ez up canopy provides 64 sqft of shade space and enough headroom for 6 people. The large space allows you to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- ✅ [KEEP YOU PRIVACY]: The silver-coated sidewalls provide privacy for those people inside the canopy tent. When the doors and windows are closed, people from outside cannot see inside.
- ✅ [EASY TRANSPORT & PORTABILITY]: The easy up canopy tent and four sidewalls can be easily folded down and stored in the carry bag with rollers, making it effortless to transport and store in your car...
Quictent Privacy is an 8×8 canopy tent that is portable and has four walls on all sides. You can choose to throw open one side to let light flood in so you can continue enjoying your soak in the hot tub.
The canopy tent is made with mesh windows on two sides that allow for airflow and comes with a roll-up zippered curtain for increased privacy. The tent uses a durable anti-corrosion-resistant powder-coated steel frame. The canopy tent is portable and fits in your car easily.
• Waterproof and has roof to protect you from sun
• Rust-resistant frame
• Easy to assemble
• Cannot withstand harsh winds
• Slightly flimsy rods
3. Best Choice Products 10x10ft Hardtop Gazebo
- 10X10 HARDTOP GAZEBO: Designed with a tinted, hardtop roof, this gazebo allows you to lounge comfortably without the sun beaming in from above
- PLENTY OF ROOM FOR FURNITURE: Comfortably fits a full outdoor dining set or wicker sofa set, giving you the flexibility to personalize the style and functionality of your patio area
- ZIPPERED BUG NET & CURTAIN: Separate netting and rain-resistant curtains can each be strapped back to enjoy a beautiful day or zipped shut to protect you from rain, wind gusts, and more
- HEAVY-DUTY ALUMINUM FRAME: The sturdy frame can be held down with 12 included stakes (3 per base) and is treated to maintain a clean appearance for years to come
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: Make your backyard into the perfect spot for outdoor gatherings and enjoy meals and drinks under the shade of this gazebo!; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 114.5"(L) x 112.75"(W) x 101.5"(H);...
The Best Choice Products 10×10 feet hardtop gazebo is made of an aluminum canopy and polyester screens. You’ll need to assemble it, and it comes with aluminum frames and is quite durable. The canopy tent offers plenty of space for a hot tub and furniture.
There’s a zippered bug net and a curtain to offer you protection from rain, wind, snow, bugs, and more. The canopy structure has a heavy-duty frame and is sturdy, plus it has plenty of room. You can enjoy a beautiful outdoor gathering with meals, drinks, and a hot tub soak.
• A functional and stylish addition to your yard
• Protection from the elements of weather
• Sturdy aluminum frame
• Rust resistant
• The roof requires two people to assemble
4. Gazebo Penguin Florence Solarium
- Resists most types of weather
- Powder-coated aluminum structure with polycarbonate roof, reinforced roof is made from 0.3125-in polycarbonate material in smoke color, door handles are able to be reinstalled and allow you to decide...
- The wind panels can slide all the way down to the bottom or in any of the 5 positions of the solarium and allow maximum air circulation
- Caps are included to hide all unsightly screws
The Penguin Florence Solarium GAzebo is made of an aluminum frame and aluminum structure. It is a round structure in slate color, enhancing your yard, and resists winter, summer, spring, rain, and more.
The hot tub gazebo needs installing, and you’ll need to assemble this structure. The gazebo has a polycarbonate roof, door handle, wind panels, and more. You’ll have protection from the elements of weather, and you’ll be creating a fantastic atmosphere in your yard with this hot tub gazebo.
• Protects your tub from the organic elements
• Makes your yard prettier
• Fares well in winter, spring, summer, and more
• Needs at least two people to assemble
• Hardware quality low
5. SUNCROWN Outdoor Patio Garden Gazebo 10 X 10 FT All-Season Permanent Gazebo
- 【VENTED AND COMFORTABLE】Dual-tiered vented canopy feature allows stability against windy conditions. Durable and Water-Resistant for optimum airflow and comfort.
- 【STURDY AND DURABLE】Supported by durable, powder-coated iron frames which is rust-resistant and can withstand various weather elements.
- 【FOUR PIECES OF CORNER CURTAIN】Cover four poles of your gazebo. Storage your existing curtains and mosquito net inside the corner curtains when not using them.
- 【VERSATILE USAGE】Perfect for placement in your backyard, garden or lawn this piece can also be used as the shelter for special events including wedding, birthday parties, and picnics.
- 【QUICK, EASY ASSEMBLY】All necessary hardware and instructions included, easy to assemble. Able to fit a variety of living space styles and settings. It's convenient and functional for your best choice...
The SUNCROWN Outdoor Patio Garden Gazebo is an all-season permanent gazebo. It is a modern, chic, and stylish hot tub gazebo you can install in front of your porch.
Furthermore, the gazebo comes with mosquito netting and curtains as a hot tub privacy enclosure. Not only can you use this as a hot tub gazebo but also for lawn parties and events.
Made of aluminum, this gazebo hot tub has a dual-tiered canopy that is water-resistant and stable against windy conditions.
• Mosquito nets
• Curtains for privacy
• Durable and sturdy
• Versatile gazebo
• The top cover will need re clips during gusts
• Lack of assembly instructions
6. Naramata 9 x 9 Spa Shelter
- 9x9 Naramata Spa Gazebo perfect for creating an exotic back yard hang out. Black aluminum balusters and corner brackets accent the gazebo's cedar roof.
- Outdoor Living Today | 9x9 Naramata Spa Gazebo N99 | Sale
- Turn your Jacuzzi area into a luxurious spa resort with the 9x9 Naramata Spa Gazebo.
Naramata is an open spa shelter. It’s a 9×9 spa gazebo with beautiful sloping roofs. Made of wood and aluminum, this will be a perfect addition to your yard.
You can turn your hot tub to a luxurious area with this gazebo. However, you need to ensure you cover your hot tub with a spa cover when not in use. There are no walls in the gazebo.
It’s perfect for relaxation and has a viewing skylight.
• Wooden gazebo to match your yard
• Superior ventilation
• You can enjoy the sights in your yard
• Offers luxurious ambience
• Doesn’t offer too much privacy
• Spa cover required
• Relatively expensive
7. Zento Ultrawood Spa Gazebo
- Synthetic Maintenance free Ultrawood, Adjustable Privacy Louvers, Bar and Stools included
Zento Ultrawood Spa Gazebo is made by Westview manufacturing. It is a polyresin gazebo with a wooden frame.
You get a bar attachment, stools, adjustable privacy louvers, and walls with this gazebo. It is a superior gazebo that protects you from the elements while maintaining an open feeling.
The gazebo has a skylight on the roof to let you view the night sky!
• Bar attachment and stools
• Synthetic wood for durability and longevity
• Windows for privacy
• Easy assembly
• Relatively expensive
• Is quite heavy
8. Sunjoy 10 x 12 Chatham Steel Hardtop Gazebo
Sunjoy Chatham Steel Hard Tob gazebo is an open gazebo with a roof. You can choose to close the gazebo by drawing the curtains. It’s a 412-pound waterproof gazebo that requires you to install it.
The gazebo is made of fine, durable, and long-lasting steel roof and has a rust-resistant aluminum frame. There is plenty of ventilation to ensure your hot tub steam flows out.
You can bolt down the gazebo to ensure its stability.
• Stable and sturdy
• Can leave it up in winter
• Easy assembly
• The hardtop roof is stable
• Relatively heavy
• There’s a gap between netting and roof
9. Sojag 12′ x 18′ Outdoor Charleston Aluminum Solarium
- ALL-SEASON GAZEBO: Structure made of dark grey powder coated aluminum can withstand the harshest weather conditions, can be left up year round, and includes steel winter post for additional stability
The Sojag Charleston Aluminum Solarium is larger than the other hot tub gazebos on this list. It’s an all-season gazebo that can withstand the harshest weather conditions. This permanent structure can be left out all year round.
The Sojag Charleston Aluminum Solarium offers protection from bugs, easy access, cool summer shade, and is beautiful. It will invite you to enter your hot tub any time and in any weather with its enclosure.
• Windows with mosquito netting
• Easy and ready to assemble
• Sliding door for entry and exit
• Beautiful, durable, and sturdy for all weather
• Not enough assembly instructions
• No space to mount an electricity box
10. Coolaroo Aurora Pergola, Backyard or Patio Shade Pergola
- Transform your outdoor living space
- Weather resistant Coolaroo knitted fabric is breathable and light filtering
- Modern color and design for contemporary look
- Semi-permanent, free-standing pergola.Do not bleach
- Easy installation with hardware included
- Powder coated aluminum poles for long life
- Height, 9 ft. X 9ft.Coolaroo aurora-smoke
Coolaroo Aurora is a Pergola structure that is open. It’s made of polypropylene and has an aluminum frame. The roof is of weather-resistant fabric.
The pergola is a semi-permanent, free-standing, and modern hot tub gazebo. You can assemble it and retract it at your convenience.
• Semi-permanent structure
• Perfect for summers and spring
• Not all-weather friendly
• Cannot handle snow, and there won’t be privacy
11. Westview Manufacturing Solarus Hut Spa Gazebo
- Grade A kiln dried Western red cedar and Lexan Thermoclear materials
Westview Manufacturing Solarus Hut Spa Gazebo is an aesthetically pleasing addition to your backyard. It is made of a wooden frame and uses polyresin, a durable material.
The Westview Manufacturing Solarus Hut Spa is an amazing structure designed to fit an 8-foot or 7-foot square hot tub. It has special three-quarters French Doors with a spa step.
The gazebo lets plenty of sky-light enter while protecting you and the tub from snow, rain, wind, and sun. There’s an optional bar attachment kit too for installing inside the gazebo should you choose to get this as well.
• Durable wood frame
• Bar attachment
• Roof, wall, and window enclosure
• Aesthetically pleasing
• Only 7-8 foot hot tub can fit
• Space might prove limited
12. Cedarview Hot Tub Gazebos Villa
The Cedarview hot tub gazebo is a 10×10 villa with plenty of room for your hot tub and other fixtures. It will match your yard beautifully with its wood look and alloy steel frame.
You can enjoy your spa time regardless of the weather. Plus, the gazebo is built with acrylic windows and a skylight to keep your hot tub area well-lit. The roof is strong, with wood panels covered by roofing paper and steel metal sheets.
• Beautify your yard
• All-weather friendly
• Relaxing and private spa time
• Relatively expensive
• Not easily available
What Is a Hot Tub Gazebo?
The gazebos are freestanding structures that are generally placed in parks, backyards, or gardens for beautification. A hot tub gazebo encloses a spa shell. It looks like a canopy tent and often has a solid, sloped roof topped with a decorative top.
Not only does it give you privacy, but it also makes your outdoor living aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
Plus, a hot tub gazebo comes in various types, shapes, and forms with exclusive features to further make your backyard a cozy place.
Reading ahead, you’ll know the types of hot tub gazebo and the reasons you must have one to enjoy your hot tub experience without worry.
Types of Hot Tub Gazebos
There are different types of gazebos based on whether you are looking for maximum privacy, short-term use, long-term use, or merely weather protection. The two main types of hot tub gazebos are as follows.
Open Air Gazebo
The open-air gazebo doesn’t have four walls. They are like a canopy tent that will merely protect you and your hot tub from sunlight exposure.
An open-air gazebo is without walls and windows, so it lets you enjoy your beautiful backyard. It will not create a closed-in space in your backyard. Plus, you can add additional lighting, an outdoor entertainment center, a bar, and a lot more, to have an enriching spa experience.
However, the disadvantage is, you’ll probably not have much privacy and protection from bugs.
These gazebo hot tubs merely provide shade and a roof that prevents rain and snow from bothering you when you relax in your spa.
In contrast, enclosed gazebos are permanent structures with a steel frame, solid screen walls, and roofs. It’s a room that encloses your entire hot tub, and you can place furniture around to make it complete.
You’ll be able to enjoy a hot tub session any time of the year with an enclosed gazebo. This structure will protect you from sun, rain, snow, bugs, and more. Plus, it’ll give you complete privacy.
You can have a small gathering with friends and family with a bar, furniture for seating, and space to relax comfortably.
Reasons to Add a Gazebo to Your Hot Tub
You might wonder why you should spend on adding a gazebo to your hot tub. You can rest assured it will not be a wasteful expense. Following are the reasons to invest in a gazebo for your hot tub:
- Aesthetically pleasing and makes your garden even more charming
- Pergola structure or gazebo installation protects your hot tub from the elements of weather
- You’ll get shade from the sun, and less exposure to the sun can prevent algae bloom
- You’ll be able to use your hot tub during any season and climate as it provides you a shelter
- You can create additional fixtures near your hot tub like a bar, extra light, a curtain, and more to have more fun with friends and family.
- A gazebo or pergola structure means you can enjoy your hot tub bath at night, too, with modern lighting.
- You can create a perfect combination of wind blowing in and warmth to suit your requirements with a hot tub gazebo.
Hot Tub Gazebo Features and Considerations
When looking to buy the best gazebo for your spa, you want to keep the following features and considerations in mind.
Are you looking for open gazebos that are merely a pergola structure? Suppose you want your hot tub to be in the open, and privacy is not a priority, in that case you should consider open gazebos.
If privacy is a top priority and you want your hot tub to be completely enclosed, you’ll want to look for closed gazebos with a steel frame and solid screen walls.
A closed gazebo is perfect for winter, summer, spring, and rain.
In contrast, if you want privacy and enjoy the views and sights of outdoor living, you can invest in a partially open hot tub gazebo. A partially open gazebo will have a roof and will give you shelter and shade. Plus, it will have windows or curtains to allow the air to blow in. It creates a semi-private hot tub enclosure.
You can look for a hot tub gazebo that comes with curtains too. Your canopy tent will have a pleasing look, plus you can choose whether to keep it closed for privacy or open it and enjoy the sights of your garden.
Counter Top Attachment/Bar
Suppose you want to have fun with friends and family by your hot tub. You can consider looking for a hot tub gazebo with a counter attachment or a bar. In addition to that, you can consider installing seating around the hot tub too.
If you are a person who enjoys a hot tub spa at night, you might need to consider the lighting in your hot tub gazebo. While skylight will be enough in the daytime, nighttime will require lighting fixtures to ensure you have enough lighting in your spa.
You might consider a hot tub gazebo with shelving. It will allow you to keep your spa items, spa cover, and the cleaning and sanitation products required, while also being accessible from your hot tub.
How to Build a Hot Tub Gazebo
Suppose you are a DIY enthusiast. You might want to build your own hot tub gazebo. However, you must bear the following in mind when building your own hot tub gazebo.
- Choose the type of enclosure you want, whether it an open, closed, or partially open.
- Ensure you choose the right, durable and rust-resistant, and all-weather materials. You generally choose between plastic, metal, or wood-based on appearance, budget, and maintainability.
- Decide how much space you want in your gazebo. Suppose you want to add shelves, bar, seating, or other furniture; you need to consider how big you want it.
- After designing, you need to ensure you have the necessary permits to execute your gazebo design in your garden.
- You want to design your hot tub gazebo in such a way that you have a power supply for your tub; there is enough light, ventilation, and proper plumbing.
Hot Tub Gazebo FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions answered regarding hot tub gazebos.
Should You Put a Gazebo Over a Hot Tub?
If you want privacy and want to make your hot tub water long-lasting, you should put a gazebo. Moreover, you will enhance the aesthetics of your garden too.
What Is the Best Gazebo for a Hot Tub?
The best gazebo for a hot tub is durable and can withstand all weather conditions and climates. It is filled with amenities for you to have a fun hot tub session with your friends and family.
Should a Hot Tub Be Enclosed?
A spa cover will do the job of protecting your hot tub. However, if you enclose your hot tub, you are doubling its protection.
What Is Best to Put Under a Hot Tub?
A concrete surface is the best to put under your hot tub. It will last longer and give an even angle. Plus, it’s a sturdy foundation for your hot tub. Alternatively, a patio, terrace, decking area, or gravel area is a good base for your hot tub as well.
Wrapping up the Best Hot Tub Gazebo
The best hot tub gazebo will complete your hot tub experience. It will provide you shelter, protection, shade, and a roof whilst you soak in your tub peacefully and unwind from the stresses of life.
What’s more, when you throw in additional features to your hot tub gazebo, you’ll have a luxurious experience like no other. You can choose the best hot tub gazebo from our top-recommended list to amp the aesthetics in your garden and protect your tub from rust, snow, rain, sun, and other organic elements.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and enjoy a soak in your hot tub in the confines of a beautiful gazebo.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2023-12-04