Spa vacuum cleaners are an essential part of any spa’s maintenance routine, but they can also be a pain to use if you don’t find the right one. The best vacuum for your spa will depend on many factors, including size, noise level, and versatility. This article provides 12 of the best vacuums for spas available, so you don’t have to shop around anymore!
The 12 Best Spa Vacuum Cleaners
1. Poolwhale Spa Vacuum
- Pool spa pond mini jet vac vacuum cleaner
- It produces suction to collect stains, leaves and stones from the bottom of the pool.
- Deluxe complete underwater vacuum cleaner with 6 sections pole of 56.5" and brushes
- Attachs to standard garden hose
- Simple design and easy to assembly
The POOLWHALE Portable Spa Vacuum is the first item on our list; this is a mini jet vacuum cleaner perfect for pools, fountains, ponds, and spas. Its technology creates suction to take out any leaves, stones, and dirt from the bottom of your spa. It is even proficient at cleaning stains with the deluxe underwater vacuum and brush.
The vacuum comes with six sections of the pole that reach a height of 56.5 inches. Scrubbing brushes are included, too. After assembly, connect the hose, and you’re ready to go.
This product is perfect if you want a simple solution to your cleaning needs.
- Low price point
- Easy to assemble
- Simple design
- Adjustable length
- Quite small
2. Intex 28620EP Handheld Rechargeable Spa Vacuum
- Suitable for use with all pure spas and above ground pools up to 18' Diameter
- Includes two interchangeable brush heads, USB cable for recharging, 94" Lightweight telescoping Aluminum shaft, & SHAFT adapter to fit longer/wider telescoping aluminum shaf
- Automatic shutoff feature when vacuum is not submerged in water, IPX8 waterproof switch for added protection against water submersion
Second, we have the Intex 28620EP Handheld Rechargeable Spa Vacuum. The product works efficiently in spas and pools up to 18′ in diameter.
It includes two brush heads that can be interchanged and a lightweight telescoping aluminum shaft of 94″, and a shaft adapter. In addition, it has a USB cable for recharging and an IPX8 waterproof switch to ensure to protect from electrocution and water wear.
The vacuum must be submerged entirely to operate. It will automatically shut off once not entirely in the water.
- USB cable recharageble
- Interchangeable brush heads
- Automatically shuts off
- Easy to assemble
- Suitable only for small spas and pools
3. PoolSupplyTown Pool Spa Jet Vacuum Cleaner
- This item DOES NOT come with pole. You need a standard 1-1/4" telescopic pool pole to vacuum (Not included) your pool. A telescopic pole is more solid and strong to operate & vacuum your pool
- Vacuum debris and brush pool at the same time. Ideal for frame above ground/inflatable pools, spa, waterfall, fountain, hot tub, and pond
- Use water pressure from your garden hose to suck up debris in pool.
Are you still searching for the best hot tub vacuum cleaner? Try Pool Supply Town. Very few hot tub cleaners can also work for a ground swimming pool, but PoolSupply can, so we decided to add it to our list of the best hot tub vacuum cleaners for hot tubs and larger pools.
All you need is to use the pressure from your garden water hose to suck out the debris from your swimming pool. PoolSupply is an excellent option for cleaning debris and brushing your pool simultaneously. Moreover, you can use it for hot tubs, larger pools, spas, fountains, ponds, and even inflatable pools.
Its tremendous suction power will suck in leaves, debris, and tiny particles into the in-built mesh bag for onward disposal. Another feature we like about PoolSupply is that it does not require electricity to work if your power is unreliable. The in-built battery is all you will need to power this pool vacuum cleaner. However, please note that it does not come with a telescopic pole, so you will have to buy one yourself.
- It is very Portable and flexible
- Works for a long time
- This pool vacuum cleaner is very easy to operate and assemble
- A pole is not included in the package, so you will have to buy one
- Not the best for spot cleaning
4. Pool Blaster Max CordlessRechargeable, Battery-Powered, Pool-Cleaner
- INCREASED POWER: The Max offers increased vacuum suction with the Water Tech P30 Motor design engineered for quick & efficient debris pick-up.
- WHOLE POOL CLEANER: Clean entire pool or Spot-Clean in seconds. Includes a removeable 10.5” vacuum head for general cleaning or simple remove to expose nose cone head for hard to get areas. Ideal for...
The fourth hot tub vacuum cleaner we want to look at is the Pool Blaster Max Cordless spa vacuum cleaner. This hot tub vacuum cleaner is battery-powered so that you can use it without power. Some pool vacuums cannot operate without electricity, but the Pool blaster can.
This hot tub cleaner has increased suction capacity because it is engineered with a Tech P30 power motor that will suck in debris and dirt no matter how large they may be. The suction is so powerful that the hose does not even need to be close to the debris to work.
Pool blaster is one of the best hot tub vacuum cleaners available since it can be used as a hot tub and pool vacuum cleaner. The package comes with a 10.5 inches vacuum head for your general cleaning and a removable nose head for accessing tight spots that the normal hose cannot penetrate.
With this device, you do not suffer from weaker suction so that you can clean your entire pool in a matter of minutes or dirty spots in seconds. Another thing you should know is that Pool Blaster Max has an extra-large storage chamber for storing dirt and debris. So after you are done with your cleaning, all you have to do is take out the chamber to empty the small debris.
It does not use cords or hoses as it is cordless, making it very easy to move around. So if you mist by a pool and spa vacuum cleaner, we recommend Pool blaster because it is one of the best hot tub vacuum cleaners money can buy for large and small debris.
- Energy-efficient vacuum cleaner
- One of the best vacuum cleaners for collecting large debris and leaves
- Long-lasting battery run time of up to 1 hour
- Very easy to clean
- This machine is inactive without lithium batteries
- You may need to change batteries if you are cleaning a large pool
5. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft
- Strong, built-in Ni-MH rechargeable batteries for powerful suction capability
- Suitable for use with all PureSpas and above ground pools up to 18' diameter
- Includes two interchangeable brush heads, USB cable for recharging, 94" lightweight telesoping aluminum shaft, & shaft adapter to fit longer/wider telescoping aluminum shaft
- Automatic shutoff feature when vacuum is not submerged in water, IPX8 waterproof switch for added protection against water submersion
- Keep pool water clean by vacuuming out dirt and debris
- Must be submerged to operate properly.
If you are looking for a hot tub vacuum cleaner to buy, we are sure that you would want a model that is easy to handle, right? If flexibility is a priority, then we recommend this Intex handheld rechargeable hot tub vacuum cleaner. Intex is not only ideal for ground pools but also a small pool and pure spas.
It comes with a strong in-built Ni-MH rechargeable battery. The long-lasting rechargeable battery allows you to clean for up to an hour before losing power. Over the years, this Intex model has been quite popular among users with above-ground pools, hot tubs, and spas that are 18 inches in diameter.
Intex handheld rechargeable hot tub vacuum cleaner has two replaceable heads. In addition, the package comes with a USB cable, a lightweight aluminum shaft, an adapter, and a wide telescopic shaft made of aluminum. Suffice to say that all you need to get this device to work is included in the package.
This Intex vacuum cleaner also has an automatic shutoff feature which shuts down the machine if it is not submerged in water. It also has a waterproof switch for extra protection against water intrusion. It is a perfect option for quick and easy cleaning for your pool, spa, and hot tub.
- It is very easy to set up
- Deals with tiny dirt and large and minor debris
- User safety features
- Powerful suction
- A little expansive
- It has to be completely water submersion for it to work properly
6. Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum
Third on our list of hot tub vacuum cleaners is the Aura 6250 paradise power spa vacuum cleaner. This device is a technologically advanced model for vacuuming your spa, in-ground pools, and above-ground pools. Aura Vacuum can extend up to 7 feet which gives you enough length to clean your pool or hot tub. You can eliminate dirt and debris from your spa with minimal effort. This is what this vacuum for hot tub offers you.
For starters, Aura 6250 paradise power hot tub vacuum does not require a battery to work, which is great news if you are concerned about energy conservation. Secondly, this hot tub vacuum does not need complicated hooks of hoses which are synonymous with other hot tub and spa vacuums. This makes it a stress-free hot tub vacuum machine. Finally, you’re in luck if you’ve never used a hot tub vacuum before because it is so easy to use.
Aura 6250 paradise power uses a simple action button. When switched on, it eliminates dirt and debris from your pool’s surface. Its ease of use is what makes it rank as one of the best hot tub vacuums on sale currently. What’s more? Aura can pick up large debris from marbles to pennies, rocks to beach sand, and any debris you can think of.
This cleaner leaves nothing behind, so you are guaranteed a comprehensive cleaning process every single time you use it.
For what it is worth, this is a cleaner we recommend for households because of the value it offers.
- This spa vacuum is user friendly
- The control features are easy to understand
- Tremendous suction power
- Relatively simple assembling process
- Does not work without electricity supply
- Ideal for a hot tub and small pools but not extra-large pools
7. Pool Blaster Water Tech Max HD Cordless Rechargeable, Battery-Powered, Spa-Cleaner
- CORDLESS: Perfect for quick and easy cleaning in the Swimming Pool and Hot Tub or Spa. Works independently from pool filtration system, no hoses or cords needed.
- INCREASED SUCTION POWER: The Max HD delivers increased vacuum power with Water Tech P30 Motor design, captures more dirt and debris than entry-level cleaners.
- VERSATILE CLEANING: Includes a removeable 10.5” scrub brush vacuum head for general cleaning or simple remove to reach hard to get areas.
Pool Blaster’s Water Tech Max is another hot tub vacuum designed for in-house pool management. This model is a cordless pool cleaner with a difference. It is easy to set up in a matter of minutes and is helpful for hot tubs and above-ground pools. Cleaning hot tubs doesn’t have to be a time-consuming task if you have the perfect tool at your disposal.
Pool Blaster’s Tech Max does not require a garden hose or electricity to function, nor requires a filtration system. This machine can clean above-ground pools and hot tubs in minutes using its increased suction power. In addition, the P30 power motor can capture a higher volume of dirt and debris per minute than many other hot tub vacuums.
Its versatile removable 10.5-inch scrub brush is removable, so you can use it to target tight spots and dirt hanging along the stair lines and walls. Pool Blaster Tech Max is a handy vacuum cleaner that works and will serve you well. You can use it to remove twigs, leaves, acorns, sand, and dirt from the surface of your pool or hot tubs.
The mere fact that it doesn’t require a standard garden hose is also an added plus since you will not have to spend extra cash acquiring one.
This Cordless pool cleaner by Pool Blaster is highly recommended for home use. It is affordable, flexible, has strong suction, and is durable.
- Simple push-button operation
- Battery operated
- Large debris chamber
- Value for money
- The battery only runs for 1 hour
8. Kokido EV30CBX Telsa 30 TelescopicRechargeable Electric Pool Spa Vacuum
- POOL VACUUM CLEANER: Put ultimate pool cleaning power into your hands and enjoy a clean and clear pool all season with the help of the Kokido Telsa 30 Telescopic Rechargeable Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- HOW IT WORKS: 1 button makes running this pool vacuum as easy as possible. Vacuum mouth uses its bristles to scrub and loosen debris
- CLEANS ALL SURFACES: Works great on all kinds of pools and spas, and the motor doesn't rely on your pool's filter pump or flexible casing
Kokido is another hot tub vacuum that comes with a telescopic pole. This hot tub cleaner utilizes a rechargeable battery and is the ultimate cleaning tool for all pool types and hot tubs. Kokido is cordless and is also handheld. The best thing about this pool cleaner is that it does not require a filter pump or flexible casing. The bristled mouth does all the work.
Now, the safety of your pool is in your own hands, and you can enjoy a clean pool all season long with this flexible and user-friendly hot tub cleaner. Kokido comes alive with the press of a single button. It cleans all pool and spa surfaces, and it has a transparent filter bag that lets you see when the bag is full. If you aim to go for the best hot tub vacuum cleaner with strong suction, Kokido is another good option.
- Compact design
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Value for money
- The battery does not last very long
- Not speed efficient
9. Pool Blaster Water Tech Aqua Broom, Battery-Powered, Cordless Pool Cleaner, Spa Vacuum, and Hot Tub Cleaner
- DEEP CLEANING: The Aqua Broom offers a more intense particulate cleaning of Sand & Silt than most vacuums for the Hot Tubs, Pools or Spas.
- RUN TIME: The Aqua Broom is designed to run up to 3 hours and is powered by Five D-cell batteries.
- EASY OPERATION: Simply twist the switch ON to operate. No forced-air operation, pumping or water hook-up required. Lightweight and easy to use by hand or attach to any standard telescopic pool pole. Weighs...
We just can’t get enough of Pool Blaster, can we? Especially if it is cordless and multipurpose.
This Pool Blaster Aqua-Tech cleaner is a perfect device for deep cleaning your pool and drain area. This model is so efficient that it will not leave any drain, dirt, or debris behind just to give you a fair idea about just how effective it can be.
It comes with 5 D-cell batteries that can run for up to 3 hours non-stop. That is enough time for you to clean your pool, no matter the size. Also, the operation button is very flexible and turns on with only a single switch. The Aqua Broom does not require a hook or forced air operation to clean your pool.
In addition, it has a patented valve that prevents dirt already gathered from returning to your spa, hot tub, or pool during operation. Aqua-Tech Broom comes with an All-Purpose Filter bag, a pole adapter, and a disposable micro-filter bag.
- Extra batteries included
- Strong batteries for extended runtime
- Attachment included
- The pole is not very durable
- Less effective in dirty water
10. Poolwhale Portable Triangular Vacuum Head
- Rotative hose fitting makes it easy to vacuum without twisting the hose
- Accepts 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" vacuum hose
- Handle fits on any standard telescopic pole (not included)
Most of the cleaners we have reviewed thus far are best suited for mid or above-ground cleaning but only very few can function underwater. To expand your options, we decided to include this Poolwhale triangular vacuum head. When the pool cleaner is in action, the bottom of the bristles is specially designed to pick up even the tiniest of dirt.
Due to the brush’s effectiveness, you will rarely have to go back to cleaning the same spot twice.
This Poolwhale model is portable but very efficient. To use it, you only have to attach the vacuum to your suction hose. Once in place, the vacuum will draw leaves, dirt, and other debris through the line to your filter.
If you’re looking for a versatile spa vacuum, you should consider a pool-whale underwater vacuum. These vacuums remain strong even when filled with water.
- Portable and compact
- Effective in tight spaces
- Effective against leaves and other debris
- Not the best cleaner for above ground pools
11. U.S. Pool Supply Professional Heavy Duty Spa, Hot Tub, Pond Cleaning & Maintenance Set
- Pro Spa, Hot Tub Cleaning, and Maintenance Set: Premium set includes a Small Spa Net, Small Spa Brush, Attachable 4 foot Pole (4 Pieces), and a Small Spa Chemical Dispenser. The ideal set of cleaning and...
- Spa Net for Skimming the Finest Debris: Ideal durable daily use small leaf skimmer net allows you to skim out the finest debris. Spa net frame dimensions 8.5" wide x 8.5" long with 9" deep ultra-fine...
- Heavy-Duty Spa Scrub Brush: The small spa brush has heavy-duty bristles for quick and easy scrubbing and sweeping of debris off walls, floors, and corners. The one included 4-foot pole can be attached to...
- SPA Chemical Dispenser with Thermometer: Premium quality small 4-1/2" Diameter chemical dispenser that holds up to 5, 1" tablets or 4, 1-1/2" chlorine or bromine tablets (not included). A convenient 30°...
- Buy with confidence, as our premium quality cleaning and maintenance set is built to last, and if you're not satisfied with it at any time within one year of purchase, we'll provide a refund or...
U.S. Pool Supply is a heavy-duty hot tub cleaner. This general cleaning and maintenance tool has a 10.5ft telescopic pool pole made of aluminum. The premium build material makes it a solid piece of hardware that will last for a very long time.
This set has a spa net, spa brush, spa chemical dispenser, a large filter bag, and other attachments required for it to work. Whether your pool is inflatable, above ground, in the ground, or a pond or hot tub, it doesn’t matter. Pool vacuums like this one resuscitate your pool very well.
The Spa chemical dispenser is a thoughtful design. It can hold up to 5.1 tablets with a thermostat installed in the dispenser. Likewise, the control button can be adjusted to deliver a balanced delivery. All in all, U.S. Pool Supply is a flexible pool cleaner even for first-timer.
The manufacturer has included a one-year replacement warranty, so if you are not satisfied with the result, you can ask for a refund or a replacement if the one you are given is faulty.
- Smart features
- Quality attachments
- Extra-large filter bag
- Sturdy pole
- Flexible settings
- The chemical dispenser requires close regulation to prevent excessive discharge
- Not very easy to maintain
12. Pool Blaster Water Tech Catfish Rechargeable, Battery-Powered
- CORDLESS: Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery. Perfect for quick and easy cleaning in the Hot Tub or Spa and in the swimming pool. No hoses or cords needed. Ideal for Small In-Ground, Soft-Sided and Above...
- VERSATILE CLEANING: Includes a removeable 7.5” vacuum head with for general cleaning or simple remove to expose nose cone head for hard to get areas. Captures a variety of debris; acorns, twigs, leaves...
- RUN TIME: The lithium ion battery powered Catfish is designed to run up to 45 minutes.
Last but not least, on our review of the best hot tub vacuum posted cleaners is this Catfish Water Tech cleaner by Pool Blaster. This vacuum cleaner does not require a special or standard garden hose, as most hot tub cleaners designed by this manufacturer do.
If you are looking for a pool vacuum for a large-sized pool, this may not be the best option, but if you want a standard vacuum cleaner that will work for your small inground pool, spa, above-ground cleaner, and soft-sided pool, this is the pool cleaner for you.
It has a 7.5-inch vacuum head with a removable come head that can be removed at ease. Also, the lithium battery is designed to last non-stop for at least 45 minutes. Pool Blaster Catfish is user-friendly, easy to operate by hand, and lightweight.
- Cleans all types of floor surfaces
- It has a durable wall charger
- Tremendous suction power
- It has two disposable bags
- It does not have an aluminum telescopic pole, so you need to buy that separately
- Not ideal for large pools because of its limited suction power
Spa Vacuums Buying Guide
Now that you know about the best spa vacuum cleaners on the market, let us conclude the review by pointing out some of the important features to look out for when shopping for a vacuum cleaner for your hot tub, pool, and spa.
Manual Vs. Electric
Which of the two do you go for? An electric cleaner or a manual one? Electric cleaners have more suction power, but they cost a little bit more. If you get the setting right, you will enjoy using them because they require no human effort on your path. However, do not that they are more expensive.
Manual cleaners are less expensive and lighter; however, you will have to manipulate the pole by hand. Manual cleaners are low maintenance and eco-friendly.
Corded vs. Cordless
A corded spa vacuum cleaner is connected to an electric outlet to work. These cleaners require less configuration and work for longer periods because they are connected directly to electricity. However, they are risky because of potential power leaks that is why many people avoid using them. Also, you are limited to the area you can cover with a corded cleaner, but they are cheaper than Cordless versions.
Cordless Vacuum Cleaners are safer but require configuration. Also, they do not work for very long, unlike a corded cleaner that is connected to a power source. However, many modern versions come with extra batteries, so you can change batteries if you are not done with your cleaning. In the end, we recommend choosing the most comfortable version.
When shopping for a spa Vacuum cleaner, we recommend that you buy a model that comes with all the required attachments like a cleaning head, brush, Telescopic handle, etc. Buying a full packaged cleaner will help you save costs that would have been spent on buying these attachments separately.
How much you spend on a spa Vacuum should be up to you. Models that have ultra Smart features and tremendous suction power cost a lot more. Manual cleaners cost less but are limited, unlike electric models. Just do your due diligence before you pay for a cleaner.
Best Spa Vacuum FAQ
Is an Electric Vacuum Cleaner Hazardous?
No, electric vacuum cleaners are not hazardous. They are built with user-safe components that protect the user from hazards when in use. They also have waterproof components that protect the engine from water intrusion.
Does a Manual and an Electric Vacuum Cleaner Deliver the Same Result?
They will depend on the volume of debris in your pool. If you have tiny debris deposits in the pool, then a manual vacuum cleaner will work just fine. However, if the debris is large, a manual cleaner will struggle to suck in every single piece. Electric cleaners have high suction power, which is why many people prefer them. Electric cleaners are also much better for large pools compared to manual cleaners.
How Long Can a Rechargeable Vacuum Cleaner Work?
That will depend on the power capacity of the battery. The average machine lasts for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Also, some rechargeable spa cleaners have in-built batteries, while others have removable batteries. If you want a machine that will last for a significant period, we recommend a model with a battery life of at least one hour or a model that uses replacement lithium batteries. With several battery options, you should be able to carry out your pool cleaning uninterrupted.
Can I Use a Spa Vacuum Cleaner to Clean My Pool?
Yes, of course, you can. Spa Vacuum cleaners have long Telescopic poles that will extend and clean your pool perfectly as well.
Buying the Best Spa Vacuum Cleaner
In this review, we have showcased twelve of the best spa vacuum cleaners money can buy. So rest assured that whichever one you go for will represent value for money. However, we recommend that you read and imbibe the tips provided above before making your choice.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2021-12-02