Pools are a great way to beat the summer heat, but they also require constant maintenance. From the moment you notice algae forming on the surface of your above-ground pool to when it becomes so thick that you can’t go in for fear of inhalation, there is always something to do.
Luckily, Aquabot has made this process much more manageable and efficient with their Aquabot Pool Rover robotic cleaner. However, with a wide array of Aquabot robotic pool cleaners, picking one that best suits your swimming pool cleaning needs can be daunting.
In this guide, we review the seven best Aquabot pool rovers for above-ground pools. We also explain what an Aquabot pool rover is, how it works, factors to consider when purchasing an Aquabot rover, and the benefits of an Aquabot rover.
The 7 Top Aquabot Pool Rovers
1. Aquabot X2 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Top Loading Massive Dual Filtration Cartridges - No Messy Bags to Clean!
- AutoX Pool Mapping System - No more missed spots. Ensure a clean and happy pool.
- Rotating Bottom Brush - Scrub away stuck on debris in your pool.
- Perfect for small vinyl, fiberglass, and concrete in-ground and above ground pools up to 39 feet (12 Meters). Industry-leading pumps circulate 85 GPM for a cleaner pool with fewer chemicals.
- Best-in-class 2 Year Warranty
The Aquabot X2 is the perfect robotic pool cleaner if you want to keep your pool clean and clear without all the hassle. It has many industry-leading features, which make it fast, efficient, and easy to use.
This robotic pool cleaner features an auto-adjusting bottom brush that scrubs away stuck-on debris in your swimming pool. Its rotating side brushes scrub walls and floors to ensure every inch of your pool gets cleaned. It’s perfect for small vinyl, fiberglass, and concrete in-ground and above-ground pools up to 39 feet (12 Meters).
Equipped with top loading massive dual filtration cartridges, it leaves you with no messy filter bags to clean. It also comes with an AutoX mapping system that ensures every spot in your pool floor gets cleaned so that you can enjoy a clean and happy swimming experience. Compared to traditional pool robot motors, the X2 packs an ultra-efficient DC motor, an internal pump motor, for its own power supply.
- Energy-efficient, superior filtration, and onboard navigation
- Easy to clean filters
- AutoX mapping system to ensure you cover every inch of your swimming pool
- Automatic rotating brushes that dislodge even the toughest stains
- Short electrical cord for power supply
2. Aquabot Elite Pro Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Customize pool cleanings and control the Aquabot Elite Pro right from your phone with the Aquabot RC app!
- Top Loading Massive Dual Filtration Cartridges - No Messy Bags to Clean!
- Quad Scrubbing Brushes - With two huge split brushes on both side of the unit, the Aquabot Elite Pro is designed to get all the challenging spots within a pool.
- 360 Degree Anti-Tangle Swivel Eliminates Frustrating Cable Tangles
- Best in-class 3 year warranty!
The Aquabot Elite Pro is one of the top Aquabot models and features an impressive list of features for the best cleaning performance for in-ground pools. It is powered by two DC motors and has EverGrip rubber tracks that offer excellent traction in water by preventing slippage.
Unlike other pool robots and pool cleaners that only vacuum debris out of the pool, the Elite Pro has three brushes that dislodge stubborn dirt off the pool floor and walls. Its quick-release mechanism prevents the need to lift the robot out of the water if you need to empty the filters.
- Full pool coverage to the waterline
- Excellent cleaning performance
- Multiple programming options for cleaning cycle and scheduling
- Mapping system for increased pool cleaning speed and efficiency
- Complaints of build quality after certain parts fail over continued use
3. Aquabot ABREIQ Breeze
- Energy saving, rapid cleaning robotic pool cleaner for residential in ground pools
- Comes equipped with a vibrating brush at the bottom of the unit
- Cleans inclines, walls, and waterlines
- Extra long, 60 foot cable with swivel for no tangling
- Timer setting for 1.5 or 2 hour shutoff
The Aquabot Breeze is one of Aquabot’s most affordable outdoor robotic pool cleaners. The Aquabot Breeze offers your complete value for your money without compromising on Aquabot’s high-quality standards when cleaning a large pool.
ABREIQ Breeze’s superior waterline scrubbing and cleaning power skim debris from all surfaces, including floors, walls, and coves. It uses a powerful pump system with self-adjusting pressure for efficient and thorough cleaning.
This Aquabot pool cleaner cleans all types of in-ground residential pools up to 50ft in size and is safe for all surfaces, including vinyl liner pools. Its AquaSmart system helps it navigate the pool while its patented Aquatrack tires prevent slippage and offer excellent traction in the water. It packs two EZ clean top access filter baskets and a plug-and-play power supply.
- Affordable price for outstanding performance and great value for money
- 60 ft detachable cord with the quick-release system makes it easy to get the robot in and out of the pool
- AquaSmart system for efficient pool cleaning
- Scrubbers wear away after continued usage
4. Aquabot SP200
Aquabot SP200 makes your pool cleaning more automatic and hassle-free. It uses integrated PVA brushes to thoroughly scrub your pool floor, wall, waterline, and cove. The brushes also have an ultrafine filtration to pick even the smallest particles.
This robotic pool cleaner comes with a 52-foot power cable, which allows you to efficiently clean areas of up to 646 square feet. It’s perfect for all pool surfaces, including tile, vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and pebble. The Aquabot SP200 has a 2-hour cleaning cycle and a quick-release filter bag for easy filter rinsing. Its easy-to-replace filter baskets allow you to change the filters without taking the robot out of the water.
- Efficient cleaning performance
- Filter bag quick release makes it easy to rinse the filter for extended usage
- Two-hour cleaning cycle with no backwashing required
- May need manual vacuuming
5. Aquabot Emerald 200 APP Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- SPOTLESS SHINE: Have your pool ready for the weekend pool party with your family in just 2 hours; this cleaner has a 52-foot cord with plenty of reaches and will give your pool a spotless shine; Ideal for...
- ULTRAFINE FILTRATION: Swimming pools get messy fast, this will do the cleaning for you; 2 large ultra-fine filters to trap leaves, dirt, small particles, and debris while using a deep cleaning rotating...
- EASY-TO-USE APP: Features an app that allows you to remote control your robotic pool cleaner for spot-free cleaning, set a delayed start, and notifies you when your filters are full; Available for both...
Cleaning your pool doesn’t have to be arduous and time-consuming. With Aquabot Emerald Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaner, you can spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it. Aquabot Emerald 200 APP is engineered to clean all residential pools, no matter how big or small.
Whether you have a 50-feet round pool or an 18-feet oval one, this Aquabot will leave your pool spotless and have it ready within 2 hours. It has two large ultrafine filters to trap large leaves, small sand particles, and debris while using a deep cleaning rotating brush to scrub and clean your swimming pool thoroughly.
It is also energy efficient and uses artificial intelligence and a proprietary algorithm to clean every foot of your pool with a cleaning cycle that lasts only 2 hours. What’s more, it has an easy-to-use app that allows you to remote control your robotic pool cleaner and notifies you when the filters are full.
- Easy to use app for spot-free cleaning
- Uses AI and a proprietary algorithm to clean every spot
- Two large ultrafine filters that trap even small-sized particles
- Difficult to clean when debris gets stuck behind the plastic
6. Aquabot ABREEZ4WD Breeze 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Robotic pool cleaner designed for all pool shapes and surfaces up to 60-feet; for in ground pools
- Features rotating brushes to loosen dirt and debris for a deeper clean
- 4WD propulsion allows for excellent traction and auto turning
- Features two top access, easy view large debris baskets that allow for easy emptying and cleaning
- Cleans backward and forward and will climb the wall every 4th time
Aquabot Breeze 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner is designed with Aquabot’s exclusive, patented 4WD propulsion system with excellent traction and auto turning that enables it to clean both the floor and the shallow end of your pools.
The Breeze 4WD features a lower center rotating brush that helps loosen stubborn dirt and debris and large EZ Clean top access filter baskets for care-free maintenance. It scrubs, vacuums and filters even the most demanding pool environments and is built rugged for years of reliable service.
- Patented Aquabot 4WD propulsion system ensuring efficient deep cleaning
- Efficient cleaning
- Cleans pools up to 60 ft. in length and 20 ft. across
- The cord gets tangled up sometimes
7. Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior
- Pool rover Jr. comes with 40-feet of floating cable, a built-in 2-micron fine reusable filter bag and a power supply transformer
- Fully automatic robotic cleaner vacuums any round, oval, or rectangular flat-surface above-ground pool in 1 hour or less without hoses
- Powered by a 24-volt pump motor that provides vacuum suction and jet-drive propulsion and works with the touch of a button
- Extra-wide non-marring wheels roll over any surface and patented E-Z swivel device ensures a tangle-free cable
- 2-hour automatic shut off timer; reduces chemical, water, and energy costs; 1-year warranty for the motor.Surfaces: Vinyl, Gunite/Concrete Fiberglass, Tile
Designed for flat-bottomed above-ground pools, the Aquabot JR pool rover comes with excellent features that make it perfect for your pool. Featuring a 2-hour automatic shut-off timer, Aquabot pool rover JR is the easiest and most efficient automatic robotic pool cleaner that reduces pool chemicals usage and energy costs.
Aquabot pool rover JR is fully automatic and cleans your swimming pool without hoses in one hour or less. It comes with an automatic timer, an intelligent guidance system, and a fine filter bag to ensure your pool is left sparkling clean.
Its 40-feet floating cable has a patented E-Z swivel device to ensure a tangle-free cable. Aquabot JR also has a fine, pressurized machine washable filter bag that ensures fewer clogged filters and longer periods for added convenience before the next cleaning cycle.
- Automatic 2-Hour shut off timer for less maintenance
- Patented E-Z swivel device for a tangle free cable
- Fully automated and cleans your pool in one hour or less
- Works only on flat-bottomed pools
What Is the Aquabot Pool Rover?
The Aquabot Pool Rover is an automatic robot pool cleaner that looks like a small vacuum. It is designed to clean any type of pool by sucking up dirt and debris as it moves around the floor and walls. Aquabot pool rovers offer an easy, fast, and efficient way to clean your swimming pool.
How Does the Aquabot Pool Rover Work?
An Aquabot pool rover works by using Aquabot’s AI system and remote control to move around inside your pool. It has an electric motor that propels it and creates suction. It sucks up dirt and debris as it moves and works independently of the pool pump. Simply plug the power supply into a ground fault circuit interrupter, power the Aquabot cleaner, and drop it into your swimming pool.
Considerations When Purchasing an Aquabot Pool Rover
While Aquabot manufactures quality robotic pool cleaners, they do not all work the same. Aquabot pool cleaners are available with different features and for different types of pools. Here are several considerations when in the market looking for an Aquabot pool rover:
Aquabot rover cleaners range in price from $700 to $1,000. Some Aquabot pool rover cleaners have more extensive features and cost more. The bigger your pool size, the more the cost of the pool rover.
Before you purchase any Aquabot pool rover, check whether it has a warranty and for how long it’s valid. Aquabot offers a 2-3 years warranty on their pool rovers to cater for any damage and repairs.
Different pool rovers have various features depending on their make and specifications. For example, pool rovers designed for deep pools have fewer features than those suitable for small pools. Check for Aquabot pool rover features you’d like, such as timer, variable speed, and Aquabot AI system for intelligent movement.
Aquabot pool rovers work well with different types of pools and floors. Aquabot pool rover cleaners work well with concrete or vinyl flooring and fiberglass surface finishes. Ensure you pick a unit that best suits your needs and budget.
The Aquabot pool rover’s cable length determines how wide a robot cleaner can cover. For example, a 60 feet cable can efficiently clean a pool of up to 50 feet, while a 40 feet long cable covers a 30 feet long above-ground swimming pool.
A lighter robotic pool rover is easier to handle than a heavy pool rover. While weight might not be a big deal if you are strong and healthy, look for a lightweight pool rover if you have a disability.
A great way to find out which Aquabot pool rover is best is by reading customer reviews online. You can check on Amazon how different customers rate the pool rovers. The more positive the reviews are, the better the pool rover and vice versa.
Benefits of Using an Aquabot Pool Rover
Aquabot pool rovers have distinct benefits that make them popular with homeowners who want a cleaning pool robot. These advantages include:
Cleans Any Pool Size
Aquabot pool rover cleaners clean any size swimming pool. The only consideration is how long or wide the pool rover cable is, as this determines its ability to cover all areas.
Saves You Time and Effort
With a robotic pool rover, you don’t have to perform the arduous task of cleaning your pool. Instead, aquabot pool rover scrubs the floor, hidden corners and even climbs walls for efficient and thorough cleaning.
Unlike traditional pool cleaners that require many parts and expensive installation, a robotic pool rover comes ready to use. You only need to plug it and let the magic roll. Robotic pool rovers are also energy-efficient to help reduce power bills.
Aquabot Pool Rover FAQ
Can You Use an Aquabot in an Above-Ground Pool?
Yes. Aquabot manufactures three types of pool rovers for above-ground pools, in-ground pools, and those perfect for either. Before you purchase one, check the product description to see the type of pool it’s designed for.
Can You Swim With Aquabot?
While it’s safe to leave a pool rover in the pool, it’s not recommended to leave it in when swimming or adding chemicals. You can hurt yourself when you hit it. Additionally, leaving it in the water for long periods will cause certain parts to wear out quickly.
Can the Aquabot Pool Rover Remove Algae From the Bottom of the Pool?
Aquabot pool rovers are designed to dislodge dirt from every part of your pool. With its AutoX mapping system, you will easily clean every spot of your pool and leave it sparkling clean.
Does the Aquabot Have Any Problems?
Aquabot pool rover cleaners work well for many homeowners, but like all things, Aquabot might experience problems. For instance, the Aquabot intelligent navigation system may fail due to magnetic interference from powerful speakers or sunlight. You can get Aquabot help by contacting Aquabot’s customer service.
The Bottom Line
Aquabot Pool Rover is an efficient robotic pool cleaner that works well with any pool surface and size. It efficiently cleans your pool and significantly reduces the workload. With this guide, you are best suited to get a perfect Aquabot pool rover for efficient pool cleaning.
For over 15 years, Sean Moore has been sharing his love and enthusiasm for swimming pools and hot tubs with everyone he knows. His goal is to help everyday people DIY their maintenance to save money by teaching how to properly take care of your equipment, safely and correctly balance chemicals, and extend the life of your water oasis.
Pricing on this page was last updated on 2022-06-30